Saturday, November 29, 2008

Emily's Room!!!


I can't believe that we only have 1 more month until our little Emily arrives! In honor of our 1 month countdown we decided that we would post the final pictures of her nursery! My parents and my Aunt Sweetie came over yesterday after a fun-filled morning of Black Friday shopping to help Micah and I finish up by doing the border in her room! At first I thought that we would be more involved in the projecct, but my mom is a PRO at wallpapering, so lucky for us she came in and had the project rolling and finished in no time with little help from us! Micah and I pretty much stood back and watched the action unfold, occassionally helping by dipping the wallpaper in the bucket of water as instructed:) What would we do without parents who LOVE to help us out?

On the last wall we ran out of wall paper, so we decided to cut up the remaining squares and make a pattern! We are really pleased with her room and the way it looks and feels! We love going in there in the evenings and sitting in the rocking chair. It is so amazing to think about our little girl being in there with us on January 1st (when we bring her home from the hospital)! We are so excited to be parents and are looking forward to meeting our little Emily and learning and growing together with her! Heavenly Father is blessing us so much and we are so thankful!
Here are a few pictures taken with our new camera (a Nikon CoolPix) that I bought earlier on Black Friday!! We hope you enjoy them!

Dooders Sponging Down the Border!

Mommers and Dooders Sponging and Wiping Away the Excess Water!!


Dooders, Sweetie, and Mommers working together to tackle to main wall ~ The longest piece of border!! While I stand behind the scenes taking pictures.


One Wall ~ Border and the Shelves that Micah put up a couple of weeks ago! And the book case that we assembled 2 weeks ago for Family Home Evening!


Emily's Crib with the Bedding Set that Mommers and Dooders got for us at our Baby Shower! And beautiful border on the wall!


Here's Micah relaxing in the Rocking Chair after a tiring hour-long project of us decorating the last wall (in the background)!



A picture of the last wall ~ where we ran out of border, so we made a pattern with the leftover squares ~ Looks Easy? No, Not so Much!


Here I am by the Changing Table and another beautiful wall adorned with our curtain and more lovely border! So Girly.....I LOVE it!



I think that that about covers all of the sides of Emily's new room! We are excited to introduce Emily to her new room!

6 comments:

Shawna B. said...

She will love it! Great job! You have worked so hard to get it ready for your girl. Now all you need to do is get her here! Soon enough you'll be rocking her to sleep in that beautiful rocking chair.

December 29 is going to become one of the happiest days of your life. I still maintain that December is such a special time to have a child. I had Hayden on December 27. The world just seems a bit gentler at Christmastime.

The Prices said...

The room looks great!!! I love it. We can't wait for her to get here.

Ellie said...

Her room is adorable! I hope you are enjoying the new camera- I'm sure it seems much faster;)

Lexie said...

Wow, you guys are all set. The room looks so beautiful and I'm sure she will be so comfy cozy! We're getting so excited for you.

Kimberly Porter said...

She's almost here!!! How exciting...I am so escastic for you! The room is none less than amazing. She will love it. Lots of memories will be formed there!

ingrid said...

I love the room and think Emily will too:) You are lucky to have family to help with all these crafty projects around the house! I can not wait to meet little Emily!