Everything went really well. My mom opened things up by welcoming everyone to the shower and invited our friend Lisa to give the blessing on the food. Then Jessie, Tiffany and Danielle (along with assistance from Ivana) took over with the games. Which were GREAT!
Jessie did the "Guess the Candy Bar in the Diaper" game, she put a twist on it that I hadn't seen before, she tried to melt the candy bars in the microwave so that they looked a little more like "the real thing" and it worked, all except for one diaper that apparently started to burn and blew out the back! It was a little disgusting, but fun nonetheless!
Danielle was up next with her game (with the assistance of the lovely Ivana). Hers was a pricing game! She bought some baby items at Wal-Mart and everyone had to guess the price of each item, and whoever came closest to the grand total at the end won a prize! Micah and I were definitely surprised at some of the prices on those baby items! Who knew that a teething ring was only 0.97 and that certain creams were over $5!!! The best part of this game was that Mark and Danielle's gift to us was the bag full of baby items!! We were very excited:)
Tiffany followed up with the last game of the day! Her idea was to break everyone into groups of 3. She gave each group a roll of toilet paper and their job was to pick one person that would be the model and the other 2 were to "diaper" them. This game got really creative too! This was definitely one of those games that I was extremely happy that Micah and I were the "guests of honor" and not one of our friends in attendance. Once they were finished "diapering" they got to model their diapers in front of Micah and I (and the rest of the guests at the shower) and we got to pick the diapers that we thought were the "best" and "most practical". The winners were Jessie D. and Ruth!! These 2 had great team members with good fashion sense as well as practicality. Micah and I both agreed that if we had to diaper our baby with one of their methods that there definitely wouldn't be any leakage for little Emily at least for a little while (it would buy us some time to get to the grocery store!!).
After all of the games had finished up and the prizes had been awarded (the prizes were yummy loaves of banana chocolate chip bread and chocolate chip cookies that my mom had made!) it was time for Micah and I to open our gifts! One thing is for sure, little Emily is going to be a very stylish little girl! We got some of the most darling little outfits and some of the cutest little shoes!! Micah and I developed a system while opening the gifts, I would open the gift while he read the accompanying card (this helped me out tremendously or I would have been crying throughout! I just felt so overwhelmed and so loved by so many people it was hard to hold those tears back!!).
As people started to leave, Micah and I got up and mingled some more and got a little more food. Then we got to take some more pictures! After everyone left we stayed to help my parents clean up and then we were off to use our first gift card at Target (Thanks Creasys...we got a very cute CD player for Emily's room!). My parents met us at our house to help us unload all of our gifts and we got to give them the show ~ as my mom was too busy making sure everything ran smoothly to see all of the fun stuff we got, and Dooders was out helping with a service project!!
We are so grateful for all of our wonderful friends and family that are helping to make Emily's arrival as smooth of a transition as possible for us! We are looking forward to becoming parents and know that it will bring many challenges, but also know that the rewards will far outweigh those challenges. Our Heavenly Father loves each of us and is looking out for us. We know that He answers our prayers and He will answer your prayers too! If it is one thing that we have learned up to this point in our lives is that it is all about aligning our timetable with the Lord's timetable.
Here are some of the pictures from Saturday's Baby Shower. These are just a small sampling of the 100+ that we had to choose from. Hope you enjoy!!
The Adorable Cake - That My mom got from Sam's that Morning!
Me and My Mom, the party planner and a very Excited Grandma to Be!
Me and Ms. Spencer (my first grade teacher) - my mom invited her as a surprise and it definitely was! She said that after all of her years of teaching this was the 1st baby shower that she had been invited to for one of her students!!
Here we are opening the gifts ~ as we begin working out "our system"
The greatest thing about being "first time parents" is that we get to figure out how to use all of these fun gadgets that we registered for!! Although I am sure Micah will learn how to use the gift he is holding sooner rather than later!!
More Presents, More Cards!
Emily will now have many many homemade quilts and blankets to keep her warm on those cold wintry days!! Lots of different colors too, hopefully to help make "tummy time" a more pleasurable experience for all!!
4 Generation Shot (My Mema, My Mom, Me and of course little Emily who is still growing inside!!)

Can't pass up a Kodak Moment you know, From Left to Right (Mom, Me, Aunt Tede, Mema, and Aunt Debra)
Can't pass up a Kodak Moment you know, From Left to Right (Mom, Me, Aunt Tede, Mema, and Aunt Debra)
5 comments:
Great post Holly, it was funny! You always make me laugh :) Nice reminder of the fun day :)
Love ya
Oh and love the pic of Micah holding the diapers-with your comment below..hilarious...maybe he should practice a bit with a doll or I could always lend him squirmy little avery for a diaper change LOL
Showers are awesome! Looked like you had a blast!!!
Looks like you had such a fun shower! I'm so glad! And by the way, you look GREAT Holly! Seriously! I can't believe you're due next month! By the time I was 8 months along I was HUGE!!! Oh my goodness! So you should feel really good! You look good!
Sorry I missed it- it sound like a good time! I will have to stop by and check out all the baby goodies sometime- especially the clothes.
Holly! I wanted to let you know I felt so awful that we had to leave early. My mom had a terrible headache and Toby was pretty close to hysteria so we had to go, but it was fun while we were there! The decorations and food were so cute! The pink punch was a great idea! I hope you're still feeling good. :)
Post a Comment