Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Time Marches on.....31 Weeks!

Time Marches On, that is for sure! Tuesday marked my 31 week mark of pregnancy! It is hard to believe how fast time is going, even harder to believe that in less than 8 weeks we are going to have our little Emily in our arms, and she won't just be growing in my tummy anymore!

We went to Martha Jefferson Hospital for our tour last night. It was good, very informative, but a bit overwhelming too! They showed us the maternity floor and the birthing and recovery rooms, and then when we told the guide that we were having a c-section she made a special trip back to show us where we would be going! That was really scary to me! All of a sudden my hands got sweaty and my heart started racing really fast! I think a bit of reality started to sink in. I could imagine us walking through those "authorized personnel only" doors (I tried not to think about the c-section and what is going to take place for that) and coming out with our little daughter in our hands. And for me that was overwhelming and a bit scary too! When I was talking to Micah about it, he said (of course) everything will be fine and that he was really excited! And I am super excited too, I just get more nervous, I guess because I am the mom-to-be....I don't know.

But anyway, we just wanted to share my 31 week shots too! We took them last night, and it took FOREVER! I think it is going to get harder as I get bigger too! Hopefully I will still have the guts and the patience to take my 35 and 39 week photos! We shall see!!





31 Weeks and Counting (sorry it's a little blurry, this one was my favorite of the 13 we took!)


Here's one more shot, almost the same, but it was Micah's favorite so we decided to share this one too! Little Emily must be growing, because I know Mommy sure is!


SIDE NOTE: Just a little side note, for all of you coupon fans.....My mom just told me that Harris Teeter is starting up with TRIPLE COUPONS Thursday and that will run through Sunday (they will triple all coupons up to .99 and the limit is 20 coupons per person, per trip!) Have fun if you decide to venture out!



5 comments:

Lexie said...

Holly, you look so cute as always. I'm so glad your hospital tour went well, but I did not know you are going to have a c-section. I don't know how I missed that important point. I'm sorry that you have to know that it will be like that, but I'm sure you'll have great doctors that will make it as painless as possible.

Shawna B. said...

If it makes you feel any better, I actually cried at my hospital tour! I felt really nervous and scared and very overwhelmed. Excited, too, definitely, but the whole thing seemed to just really sink in during that tour. All will be well, sweet Holly. Did you get my email?

Love the darling 31 week picture!

Keith-n-Kim said...

Wow....triple coupons, I'm out of here.....love Dooders

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly! You look so pretty in your pics =) Can't wait for saturday!

love ya

Holley and Brandon said...

Hey Holly,
I can't believe you are only 8 weeks away! My pregnancy is going great- other than some rib pain, I'm actually enjoying it now. We haven't officially registered yet but my mom did set one up for us at Babies R Us. Hey I wanted to ask you- what made you decide to do a C-section? Or is it something that has to be done for medical reasons? Hopefully that isn't too personal! :)