Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Cute Little Bundle & The 1st Snow of 2009!

Micah and I have been having so much fun with Emily this week! It's hard to believe it has been 5 weeks since we had her!! She is becoming more alert with each new day! She is so fun to take pictures of ~ her expressions crack us up! She LOVES to sleep, just like her mommy! She is so warm and cuddly, you really can't resist nap time with this toasty bundle by your side! At this point she is only waking up every 4 hours to eat, which is really nice and definitely something that we can't complain about!!

Since she is still not awake for long of periods of time we try to make the most of her awake time, and of course that involves snapping pictures too! As far as Emily's toys....she LOVES her bouncy vibrating seat, and she is actually tolerating her little baby swing a lot better too! Over the weekend we also set up her tummy time mat and her little play gym in the living room and although she is not a big fan of either of those yet, I think she will be soon!

Emily is definitely a healthy little girl. Her favorite things to do are to eat, sleep and poop! And she has mastered each art exceptionally well. Last night she set a new record - Micah and I had to change her clothes 3 times before we put her to bed!! We were amazed, but grateful that everything is working properly:)

Also, today we had our 1st real snow of 2009! And since Emily is too young to go out and enjoy it, I thought I would sneak out this morning after Micah went to work and before Emily woke up and snap a few pictures! It was breathtakingly beautiful ~ a winter wonderland in our very own yard!! It was definitely a Kodak moment that I couldn't pass up!


Enjoy the pictures of our sweet little bundle and all her many expressions along with a few pictures of some of the wonders that our loving Heavenly Father allows us to be a part of! We are so fortunate to be who we are and where we are! Life is Beautiful and Families Can Be Together Forever! I am so grateful for my eternal family!



Emily Marie, 5 weeks old and a regular sleeping machine!


One of her 1st times under her little play gym ~ not a big fan quite yet!!


"Mommy and Daddy were right, this isn't so bad after all"



"Okay, I'm ready for you to take my picture now."




Sunday after church in her red dress that used to be worn by her cousins ~ Hannah, Abigail and Lydia!


"Snug as a Bug in a Rug" ~ Ready for a few minutes in her bouncy seat as Mommy and Daddy eat dinner!! She's Sporting a cute little pink hat that was made just for her by her Great Grandma (aka "Mema)


Contemplating Life


Too Cute For Words!!


Emily was a little bit cold yesterday evening and was having trouble falling asleep for her evening nap. Then we decided to snuggle her up in this soft blanket and she zonked right out, and that is how she stayed all through Walk Away the Pounds!! Life is so sweet when you are a baby!!

Here are a few Early Morning Pictures of the First Snow of 2009!!


Our House with the Sun Breaking Through the Clouds


The View from the top of our Drive Way!! Love the Blue Sky in the Background!!


This is the view through Emily's Window (sorry the screen is in the way).
Emily wasn't paying much attention to the snow outside her window this morning though!!




3 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

Emily is beautiful & seems to be so aware & alert when she's awake! What a cutie!

Shawna B. said...

What a beautiful little lady you have there! And lovely snow, too. I can tell you are just having a ball with your baby - exactly as it should be. I am so happy for you guys!

Enjoy the snow! Knowing VA it might not last too long. :)

Emily said...

She IS too cute for words! I cannot get enough pictures of her!