Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Weekend as a Family of 3!!

Easter weekend was SO MUCH FUN! Even though I had traveled to town every day the week before, and the LAST THING I wanted to do was head in on both Saturday AND Sunday again, I am so glad that we did.

Micah and I decided that Emily was way to young to care, so we asked the Easter Bunny to skip over our house this year (that way he could save some candy for a few other kids). But it was so nice to get together with so much family. On Saturday we got together at my parents house with all of my brothers and sisters (except for Josh and his family) and we had a yummy lunch and a SUPER fun Easter Egg hunt. My parents went out and hid about 60 eggs before everyone arrived and then after lunch we split into couples and took off. There were 7 "Golden Eggs" with money inside! And even though Micah and I got the most Easter Eggs we came out with the least amount of money! We went home with a whopping 50 cents!! But we sure had a great time, and so did Emily. She was dressed up in an Easter Dress that Mema bought for her and she looked beautiful in it!

Here are a few pictures from Saturday.......



Emily loves snuggling in Mommers' arms!


Spending time with Uncle Jacob! The expressions were priceless! But the funniest part was when she started to fuss I heard him over there telling her how she was going to stop fussing! It was a really funny conversation and I think it actually worked for a little while too!


Jacob and Tiffany getting ready for the Egg Hunt!


Jessie, Tanner and Eliza gearing up to find the eggs!


Us, just before the Egg Hunt Began! LOVED the bunny ears (and I am sure Emily did too! Hey, she wasn't crying!)


On Easter Sunday after church we went to Mema's house for Easter lunch and to show off Emily's 2nd Easter Dress that Mema bought for her. It was nice to visit and get to watch Emily spend some time with Mema and her Great Aunts too! Mommers and Dooders were also there (of course) and Emily always loves to get cuddle time with them! Mema and Gail put together a super yummy lunch too! It was an all around good day! Plus we had our very own little girl to spend the weekend with, so that made it all the more special! Heavenly Father sure does know each of His children personally and what each of us need and when we need it. I am so grateful for this knowledge. And I am also grateful that He sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to this Earth and He was willing to live, die, atone and be resurrected so that one day each of us can have the opportunity to return to our Father in Heaven if we chose. I am grateful for this knowledge and testimony that I have at this Easter Season! Life is Great! I am so thankful to be living at this time and on this beautiful Earth!

We hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring weather!! Here are a few pictures from our Easter Sunday!!

Easter Sunday at Mema's



Great Aunt Gail feeding Emily her bottle!


Love the Expression as she spends a moment with her Great Aunt JoAnn


Emily was SO HAPPY to see her Great Aunt Sweetie too! "Who are all these people?"


Mommers and Dooders love their little princess too!


Our first Easter as parents was wonderful and we are looking forward to many many more holidays together!!


No comments: