Friday, April 22, 2011

Decorating Easter Eggs!

Since Easter is in 2 days, and since our Easter Bunny is coming tonight, I thought it might be a good time to dye some eggs!! And since it has been cool and rainy here today I thought it was a perfect plan!! And in spite of a few little mishaps along the way, it was a SUCCESS!! A few eggs were smooshed by some tiny little fingers, but overall the eggs got color, and stickers (along with some faces!) and the girls had a BLAST!! And I had a great time watching them be excited and see all of their creativity coming out too!! Emily had fun decorating (she is quite the SERIOUS decorator....so we didn't have a chance to snap many pictures of her) and Haley had a Great time trying to eat the eggs and learning how to smoosh them in her hands (thank goodness they were hard boiled!!).
I am so grateful for this Easter Season for all the frills and thrills and getting ready for the Easter Bunny to arrive, as well as the extra opportunity that it gives me to focus on the Atonement and Resurrection of Our Savior, Jesus Christ. And I am extremely grateful to have the blessing of teaching my children about these sacred events and principles as well. Today before dyeing our eggs we had a little Easter lesson and it melted my heart when it was over and Emily pulled me over to her and kept repeating to me "Mommy, Jesus Resurrected"! I am grateful for these tender moments amidst my crazy days as a mom, it really reminds me of the great responsibility and work that I am involved in.



Happy Haley with an Egg and Stickers!

Love that Big Grin!
Emily showing off her Best Egg!


Haley has learned how to get past the shell! (Good thing they were Hard Boiled!)


Love the Tongue Work!


And the Cheesin!


She was SO EXCITED to get her picture taken today!


After the eggs were done, Emily had to play with ALL of them:)



And Haley was satisfied with one for each hand!


Sister Shots, In Character and all!


Me and My Masterpieces with their Masterpieces!!



1 comment:

Gail A Meeks said...

3 little bunnies all in a roll. Mommie bunnies, hoping away with the little bunnies.

Happy Easter !
God Bless to all, the Lord Jesus has risen.

Great Aunt Gail