Friday, January 27, 2012

First Two Days Alone with My Three Kiddos!!

Micah went back to work on Thursday. Lucky for all of us, he was able to take off for 2 glorious weeks when Ethan was born (well 2 weeks and one day because the day before Ethan was born I just felt too pregnant to be able to handle our 2 chicas all on my own, so he graciously took an extra day of leave!!). But as all things do, those 2 weeks came to an end and then there was Thursday!! My first day alone with all 3 kids! I was a little apprehensive at first, but luckily by the time Wednesday night rolled around I was feeling pretty comfortable and actually a little excited just to see how I would do and if I could actually handle things on my own:)

So, Micah left for work at about 7:40am and our day began! I knew that the important thing was to try to establish some sort of routine and so that is what we did! I was a little worried about how I would handle nursing times, but I thought of this brilliant plan.....I would let the girls tv time be during each of Ethan's feedings!! And it has worked out WONDERFULLY so far:) Both days they have picked out a movie that they both agreed they wanted to watch and by the end of the day the movie was finished:)

Yesterday, Dooders came over and stayed with Haley and Ethan for a little while as I took Emily to her FIRST Dentist Appointment, which she was very excited to go to! (I took pictures and I will do a separate post on that visit soon!).

And then today we ventured out into our neighborhood for a walk! Ethan and Haley rode in the stroller and Emily walked beside them the whole way sharing snacks with Haley along the path!! It was really cute to watch:) And the weather was AMAZING!! So, it was good to get out and stretch our legs and get some fresh air!!

Overall, things are going well at home so far since Daddy has gone back to work. But needless to say, we are all REALLY thankful that it is the weekend and we get 2 more whole days with Daddy!! We love him so much!! And I am grateful for all of the help, support and love that he provides for me and for our kiddos!! He sure is an amazing man, and I am sure glad he is mine!!

Emily doing some Art ~ Making a Gratitude Chain!

No comments: