Last week Mimmi told me that Carter's Mountain Orchard was open for peach picking and since the weather was going to be nice we decided that it would be a good thing to do to start off the weekend!! Plus, I have a GREAT recipe for Peach Freezer Jam, and I wanted to make some and we knew the kiddos would enjoy it!! So we went!! And BONUS, Mimmi and Dooders met us there!!
We all had a great time!! The girls loved picking the peaches, and we all loved eating the peaches right from the trees and we got to walk through the orchard and see the beautiful country side! And then come home and make (and enjoy) some peach jam a few days later!! All in all I would call it a Great Family Outing!!!
Ethan about to enjoy his first stroll through the peach orchard!! (Granted the ride was a bit bumpy)
Micah spotted us as he was high atop the look out....Checking things out!
More of the beautiful landscape!
Emily turned out to be quite the peach picker! She liked to pick ALL of them....whether they were ripe or not! The problem was when another peach caught her eye she thought it was okay to just toss and go! It took the WHOLE trip, but I think she may have caught on by the time we left:)
Haley definitely turned out to be our peach lover on this trip! She was so happy once she bit into her first peach and all the juices came oozing out!! She was in HEAVEN!
Showing off her first pick!!
Taste Testing!
My handsome peach picker in camouflage!
A close up of his technique!
Dooders showing off his skills!
I have NO IDEA what I was showing off!! Maybe my sour face:)
Ethan enjoyed sitting in the shade in the stroller and playing with his fingers, toes and Mimmi's water bottle!
Contemplating......
Another Bite:)
Walking and Talking and Eating!
Haley and Mimmi carrying the loot!
Our Happy Boy!
A Close-Up!
Happy Mommy!
I am Happy to Be Married to this Handsome and Fun Gentleman!
Had to try out the wagon before we left!
Can't have a trip like this without a family photo!
Our 3 Musketeers!!
Trying to get 3 kiddos to look up for a picture is tough.....at least Ethan was in a photographing mood!!


No comments:
Post a Comment