His big day was yesterday, the day he turned the Big 56! I was priveledged to be able to take him out for his birthday lunch (and I even paid, can you believe it?). Then mom put together a nice family birthday bash for him last night! All 5 of his kids were there, which was a nice treat for him....the only immediate family members we were missing were Ellie, Emma and Luke, but I know they were thinking of him back home in Fairfax, VA!
Dinner was good....Dooders choice.......Hotdogs, homemade chili, chips, fruit, mac and cheese and a delicious brownie made into hot fudge sundaes! My mom makes the BEST hot fudge sundaes! Everyone was able to visit, snap a few photos and watch him open his birthday gifts. Among his favorites were some fishing supplies, yummy chocolates and a pistol which all of my other brothers and sisters pitched in to buy for him. I thought and thought about it and just couldn't buy my dad a gun, not even when that is what he REALLY wanted! At times I feel a little bad about it, but I just couldn't do it ~ guns make me really nervous! Anyway we had a nice time and here are some pictures from the event!
The Birthday Boy Grilling the "Dogs" ~ and sportin' his tool belt that Jessie and Tanner got him for Father's Day!
1 comment:
What a great Post. This Dooders guy must be something special...like Special Ed. Thanks for all the verbal and pictoral support. And its ok if you did not pitch in for the gun. If you dont stand for something youll fall for anything. So I appreciate you standing for what you feel is right for you...love dooders
Post a Comment