Sunday, July 27, 2008

Let's Go to the Hop!

Last night, Saturday July 26th, was our 1st Ever Tri-Ward Sock Hop!! And the band, which will from this point forth be known as, Rivanna Salad of the Eternal Sky, was WONDERFUL! They all came together so well as a band and impressed the audience!! It was definitely a night to remember! And my dear sweet Micah was the keyboard player and what a GREAT keyboard player he was! Below you can see a little clip of him playing the first verse of Desperado, an old Eagles Favorite from the 70's!



It was definitely a night of food, fun, visiting and LOTS of Dancing! The band played 3 sets ~ 50's, 60's and 70's. There was a DJ in between (so the band could get a breather) and we got to play fun games (Micah really enjoyed the Limbo ~ the pictures really say it all!!) and I was a big fan of the Chicken Dance, but for some reason I couldn't get Micah to join me for that one:) And as always at any good church dance we enjoyed The Electric Slide! We both got to dance that one together which was great fun!



I did the best I could at being a groupie last night, but I think the best part for me was when my handsome keyboard player got to take a break and sneak in a slow song with me! That was definitely one of my highlights of the evening. The other highlight for me was watching Micah up on the stage playing the first verse of Desperado along with only one of the singers! He was so amazing! I am still his number one fan, and it makes my heart skip a beat when I think about how happy he was up on that stage (and how handsome too, of course).



Below are some pictures from our night of fun! If you were able to make it, I am sure you can reminisce in the fun times, if you weren't able to make it then you will know to put the next dance or Sock Hop on your calendar early, so you won't miss it! Either way, enjoy the video clip and the photos!


~Micah on the Keyboard, playing Desperado~Enjoy the Music!


Dressed Alike in Our Salvation Army Finds for the Sock Hop (Before Micah had to change into Jeans and a T-Shirt to match with the Band)

Everyone is Having So Much Fun at the Hop!

Ready to Rock-n-Roll ~ Really Getting into the Groove!Introducing "The Rivanna Salad of the Eternal Sky" in all of their Splendor!
Micah's 1st Round of the Limbo!
~Back for a 2nd Round~
Just when he thought 3rd Time was a Charm~Down he went! Still so impressive that he made it that LOW!

The Band and their Eternal Companions!


6 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a fun activity! I can't believe hoe well Micah bends in half!

Lexie said...

Way to go Micah! The whole night was so much fun & the band was amazing! Thanks for making it fun for all of us. We left before the limbo & it looks like we really missed out, I think Micah should have been the champ - what flexibility!

The Prices said...

Looks like it was fun. Sad that we missed it!

Ellie said...

Looks like everyone had a great time- I know my kids were tired from dancing:) I'm glad Micah is having so much fun with the band. I'm pushing myself to get started on some piano lessons now that both kids will be in school. Our poor piano never gets played!

Kimberly Porter said...

What a fun dance! I love the limbo...Micah is awesome at it! If I wasn't pregnant and we weren't in Arizona, I'd love to have a limbo competition against him. :) How are you feeling?

Crystal said...

um... slightly jeolous here! The band should come play for Harrisonburgers! Also, Holly- could you look out for a "new" family- the Phipps- in your ward. They have not been in your ward terribly long, but I met her this weekend (Adestes Phipps) from responding to her Craigslist ad about selling a stroller/car seat and she is WONDERFUL but "not meeting many people" and I know you would love each other. She has a little girl, a little boy and you and she are having babies about the same time ;-)

Love you guys both!!