I'm giving Holly a break since she already did two posts today.
This past summer Holly informed me that she would need a new car before the arrival of our first child. For several months I procrastinated the dreaded research that I would have to do in order to find a suitable, fun, safe, and functional car for Holly.
Finally, I began my search. I literally spent hours on the internet, researching different cars, modifying my search criteria, and writing down VIN numbers to check on Carfax.com. Finally, the day arrived for me to choose a dealer. I narrowed my selection this morning, and at noon we set out in my old Ford Taurus SHO for Manassas, VA. As we drove down the highway, I speculated with Holly that it could be our last ride together in the old SHO. Holly was excited about the prospect of trading in my old junker.
We arrived at the dealer and immediately went to look at the Nissan Maximas. We bypassed sporty silver ones with leather interior and tried out a black one because Holly prefers cloth seats (I somewhat agree).
This past summer Holly informed me that she would need a new car before the arrival of our first child. For several months I procrastinated the dreaded research that I would have to do in order to find a suitable, fun, safe, and functional car for Holly.
Finally, I began my search. I literally spent hours on the internet, researching different cars, modifying my search criteria, and writing down VIN numbers to check on Carfax.com. Finally, the day arrived for me to choose a dealer. I narrowed my selection this morning, and at noon we set out in my old Ford Taurus SHO for Manassas, VA. As we drove down the highway, I speculated with Holly that it could be our last ride together in the old SHO. Holly was excited about the prospect of trading in my old junker.
We arrived at the dealer and immediately went to look at the Nissan Maximas. We bypassed sporty silver ones with leather interior and tried out a black one because Holly prefers cloth seats (I somewhat agree).
After taking the car for a test drive, we both knew it was a good car, but we also knew that we couldn't afford the posted sticker price. When I told the sales attendent our concern, he assured us that the actual selling price was different on the internet, and not to worry.
We sat down with a manager to discuss the price, and it turned out that with a little help from my trade-in and a small down-payment with a credit card, we were right on the money. Although we were both relieved to finally be rid of my Ford Taurus SHO, I'm going to miss the old saying "Let's get the SHO on the road!" It was a good car back in the day.
Here is photo of my SHO earlier in the month, before it got towed and fitted with a new fuel pump. I really am going to miss it despite all the inconvenience it caused.
*sigh* goodbye old friend.
Anyway, here we are outside with the manager and our new Nissan Maxima!
Here are Holly and I in front of our new 2000 Maxima - no, we didn't buy the Porsche.
4 comments:
Congrats! Looks like a great car for the Grays! I love that you took a picture with the dealer. :)
looks like everything is coming together just in time - congratulations!
congrats on the new car!
Congrats on the new car and finishing your nursery. We haven't fully registered yet, my mom set one up for me at Babies R Us and there are a few things on it but I need to finish soon! Your baby is coming so soon, that is so exciting! I am getting so anxious for February- hopefully the next couple of months go by quickly!
Post a Comment