Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day (as a Mom!)

Today was a very special day for me (for us really!). Not only was today my first official Mother's Day as a mom it was also the one year mark of when we found out that we were expecting our first baby! What a happy day! It was so hard for me to believe that last year at this time Emily had just begun to grow inside of my tummy and today she is a 4 1/2 month old beautiful baby girl, full of life, laughs, and lots of love! Being a mom is hard work, but the fun times make every crying spell, sleepless night, sickness, and everything else so worth it! I am so grateful that Heavenly Father chose this time in my life to let me joy in being a mommy! I LOVE my job! Emily is such an amazing little girl and somehow I seem to grow more and more in love with her each and every day! Motherhood is truly one of Heavenly Father's greatest gifts that He has blessed me with! Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women out there! Each and every one of you are amazing in your own special way! Thank you for blessing our lives!

Here are some fun pictures from today.....


This Mommy just can't give her little princess enough kisses! I love those sweet little cheeks!

The Most Amazing Mother's Day Gift (and Micah took all of the pictures by himself...with Emily's cooperation, of course)! Micah and Emily worked hard to put this together for me. Micah was so excited to give it to me that he couldn't wait for today (so I got to have it yesterday!) What a sweet husband and daughter I have!
Emily always loves to visit with her Mema!! We are so glad we got to see her today too!

And of course, Mother's Day wouldn't be complete without seeing Mommers!!


You know we like any excuse to get a family photo shoot together!! Emily sure loves her Mommers and Dooders!


3 Generations....Happy to be together again!


I sure love being a Mommy!


Our Springtime Family Photo!


Gotta love self-timers! That way you can have these fun moments to get everyone together in 10 seconds or less! And the miracle was that everyone was looking at the camera!!


From Micah: I just want to add that Holly is such a great mom to Emily. She sings to her when she wakes up in the morning and when she is sad. She reads her books, does baby yoga, feeds her, changes her, and dresses her up in cute little outfits. And most of all, she cuddles her and kisses her and makes her feel loved. I'm so grateful that I have such a wonderful wife to be the mother of our precious child and future children.

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Holly! The pictures are all beautiful~ I love the one of you and Emily together. I'm glad you had a great day and got to spend it with your Mom and Grandma.

Emily said...

You are a wonderful mother! Emily is so lucky! I love Micah's present! I think I might do something like that on Clara's wall! Love all the spring pictures!

Katrina said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day Holly! It sounds like y'all had a great day and that you love being a mom. It's such a blessing that we have that we can have that opportunity! And that's so special that it marked a year from when you found out you were expecting.

Shawna B. said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! Micah did a terrific job on your gift (Emily, too!). The new family picture is fantastic!

Lexie said...

What a great Mother's Day and what a beautiful present Micah & Emily cooked up for you. I love it! So glad you get to enjoy Motherhood for this year and forever more!