Monday, July 20, 2009

Plan your Work and Work your Plan!

This past weekend actually was a quite unusual one for us. We had NOTHING scheduled! And at first it was a little discouraging to me because I am the type of person who likes to have a plan! Dooders used to have a saying that I think I incorporated into my life, "You have to plan Your Work and Work Your Plan!".
After a bit of conversing and compromising we came up with a "laid back" plan for our Saturday! And you know what? It worked out perfectly!! We decided that after we were all ready for the day, and we let Emily have a little nap, we headed out to run our errands.
Then that evening when we got back home we decided to have a "front yard picnic". It was SO MUCH FUN! Emily had a blast and thought it was really cool that she got to eat her dinner outside on a blanket and it was a nice chance for all of us to just sit out in our front yard and soak in the beautiful day! We even took some pictures, believe it or not, of our first front yard picnic! We hope you enjoy them, I know we enjoyed taking them!!


But first, here are a few pictures of Emily styling her new hair bow! Saturday morning when she woke up, it looked like her hair was FINALLY long enough to try them out ~ so here are a few of her debut shots!!

What a dainty little princess!

Love those baby blues, straight on!


After we took a few pictures we decided to sit down and enjoy a few stories (one of our favorite parts of the day!)

Sometimes Emily enjoys this position best!

Our Yard is a Perfect place for a picnic, if you have a skilled mosquito catcher with you (and Micah was willing to be ours for the afternoon!) And as you can tell, Emily was READY for her food!



A Daddy/Daughter Moment as Emily is trying to figure out how to drink her bottle that ONLY has water in it!!

Emily loves her Mommy!

Mommy Loves her Emily!

Everything is a "chew toy" for Emily these days!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh just look at that gorgeous girl! Give her kisses and hugs from Avery and I! Great pics Holly

Emily said...

What a fun picnic! I love that you and Emily are matching!

Jonesy said...

Hey your bumbo turned blue! I bet you're having too much fun with bows now. I can't do anything exciting to Jenkin's hair except cut out dredlock rattails he keeps creating. Do you guys ever go to Chris Green Lake? That'd be a good place for a picnic too.