Monday, November 30, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving as a Family of 3!!!

We all woke up pretty early, around 7:30am on Thanksgiving Morning, I guess we were all excited for the fun that this Thanksgiving Day would have in store for us!

Micah fixed us a yummy breakfast, we had eggs, bacon and toast. It was okay to eat such a heavy breakfast because we knew that since it was still so early we would all be starved by Noon! And we were definitely right in our thinking!

After we got breakfast all cleaned up, Emily played around in the kitchen while I made a yummy Apple Crisp to take to Mommers and Dooders for dessert and Daddy was surveying the scene for his upcoming weekend project.....more to come on that in a later post:)

We all had a fairly relaxing morning and then we headed out around 11am, so that we would make it in to Mommers and Dooders on time!! We were all looking forward to a fun day of family, food and photos!! And we were not disappointed! I am not sure how many people exactly were at Thanksgiving Lunch, but I know it was quite a lot. We all enjoyed good conversation, good bonding times and some fun pictures...thanks to Ellie, one of my amazing sisters-in-law!!

Also as I sit here and reflect on the Thanksgiving Holiday and the Christmas Season that is now upon us, I have much to be grateful for. Here is my list that continues to grow:

*I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has His eye on me always, and helps me up when I fall down. I am grateful to be sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity and for the priesthood that makes those eternal bonds a reality.

* I am thankful for 2 beautiful, healthy daughters. And again, for a Father in Heaven who knows exactly what we need in our lives and the moment that we need them most!


* I am thankful for a wonderful family who loves and supports us on all sides!! I know between Micah and I our family is larger than most, but that makes life all the more interesting and fun and I am thankful to be placed in the family that I am.

* I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that makes life possible. I am thankful to have an older brother who was willing to live, suffer, die and be resurrected for me! And for the knowledge that I have that even if I was the only person on earth He still would have gone through everything that He did. I am grateful that He loves each of us that much!

* I am also grateful for this holiday season that gives me an extra measure of time to reflect on all of these blessings and the many more that I have. I am thankful for each of our family and friends who help us be the people that we are! I want to thank each of you for being YOU and for holding a special place in our hearts!!

Now without further delay, here are some fun pictures that we took during our Thanksgiving afternoon at Mommers and Dooders' House!

Cute Little Emily playing with a magnet and beginning to notice the sticker on her nose!
"Mom, that wasn't very sneaky, you know?"


Emily loves to help in the kitchen any way she can. Today she was helping by keeping a watchful eye and mouth on our garlic holder!

Enjoying a Thanksgiving Day, Morning Snack!



We finally arrived at Mommers and Dooders, and Micah was ready with the camera, once again! Here I am spending a few precious minutes with my little nephew, Colton!

Emily and Eliza sharing their favorite toy with their cousins, Luke and Emma!

A Classic Look!

Emily and Eliza sharing a few secrets in their chair!!

Yay!! These two Girls LOVE to clap!!

Outside before Lunch, I saw Emily sharing a precious moment of conversation with her Uncle Josh!

And then Cousin Phoebe joined them!

Outside with Mommers and Dooders and ALL 8 of their Grandchildren!!

These next few are some shots that Ellie took of us before Thanksgiving Dinner began. We are looking for a nice family picture to hang up in our living room and I think we have several to choose from now!! Thanks again Ellie!

Daddy and I just love those kissable little cheeks!!

Another family shot....also showcasing Miss Haley Elizabeth!

I love these close-ups!
Another fun family shot!!
So many to choose from, it's hard to pick the BEST one!! If you have any favorites please let us know!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Makes me want a new lense for my camera! Hmmmm maybe after christmas?? hehe! I think the one that you have up as your blog photo is nice. Gotta run toys are flyin out of the bath tub! YIKES I made apple crisp on thanksgiving day too =)

Lexie said...

Glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. I love the pictures with the sticker on Emily's nose - too funny. I am impressed with how great your family shots turned out, you might have to pick more than just one.