Friday, May 14, 2010

A Fun Weekend As a Family!

I don't know if your family is at all like ours, but it is very rare that we have a weekend to spend that is not already all planned out for us. Well, this weekend was just that for us! For once in a LONG time, this past weekend we didn't really have any "have to's", which made it super nice. And the weather was Great, so we got to play and spend quite a bit of time together outside too! Our girls are getting more and more fun by the day. Emily is starting to be more verbal and she is "as sharp as a tack". And our little Haley is starting to smile a lot more and she is even beginning to laugh and coo! Her and Emily love to entertain each other already!

Here's a Picture of Haley on Friday morning just after I got her dressed for the day, she was just laying back on our pillows just Smiling Away! Love that little Tongue too!

Here's Emily sportin' one of her new summer outfits, as she is checking out all of her other clothes as they are hanging up to dry!


On Saturday afternoon we decided to go by Kroger to pick up a couple of things, and on the way in we stopped at Belvedere to take a little walk around the neighborhood and play at the little playground!

Here's Emily looking Cool in her Sunglasses and Hat, All Ready for a Stroll through the neighborhood!


Here's Haley sporting her sunglasses too! I love putting sunglasses on little babies! Their expressions are priceless because they don't realize what is actually on their face!

Of course we could pass by and not let Emily have a little "swing time" on the swing set!

And ever since Mommers and Dooders got their new swing set she LOVES going down the slide!

One of Haley's favorite things to do is to take a bath and she thoroughly enjoys bath time in the kitchen sink for now. Although she is soon going to be to big for the sink! But I LOVE having bath time with her, because she is so happy (in spite of the expression on her face in this photo she was actually having a fun time)! I am sure she will love the baby tub just as much!

Another Close Up of our Adorable Little "Honey B"!

On Saturday afternoon when we got back home from running errands, we decided to water the plants! And boy did Emily enjoy herself! She loved holding the hose, and making the water come out! But her most favorite time was when I filled up a big bucket of water, she LOVED and I mean LOVED splishing and splashing! She got soaking wet, but it was a warm day and it didn't matter!

Here we are watering her little tomato plant together!

After she came inside and got changed and warmed up, she was ready to work again. So she saw the broom sitting out and went to work! She seriously scaled all of our floors! She is such a good helper already!
On Sunday morning she looked so adorable in one of her new dresses that we had to snap a few pictures! I love this shot, just as she is preparing to climb the side of the cabinet!
Another Cute Shot!

I love her expression in this one!
Happy to Have a New Sippy Cup!

Since both girls were happy at the same time, we thought we would take advantage of it and get a little photo shoot in. And since Haley was in her crib and Emily LOVES to get into Haley's crib it worked out nicely for everyone! And Haley only seemed a little nervous!

Emily LOVES being a Big Sister and Haley LOVES having a Big Sister!

Haley is such a little Ham! I love the look on her face!
We were so blessed to have this wonderful weekend together! And we are looking forward to another one soon! There's nothing like spending time together with three of my favorite people in the whole world! When I reflect back on just a little over two years ago and how Micah and I weren't sure we were going to ever be able to have children I feel so blessed to look back and see that Heavenly Father indeed had a very special plan for us and that these two precious daughters were a part of that plan! Timing is everything, and trusting in Heavenly Father's time table, even though it is difficult to do at times, can also be one of our greatest blessings! I am so grateful that I can be together with my family forever!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What a lovely post Holly! We love you guys!

Lexie said...

Sounds like a great weekend - how exciting to have your house springing up so quickly!