We had A LOT of fun in December doing Christmas Themed art projects! I got this great site from one of my sisters http://www.first-school.ws/ it has been an amazing asset for me in teaching my children through art and writing, etc. We found so many of our Thanksgiving and Christmas art on this website. They have coloring pages, letter pages, actual art projects that are age appropriate and perhaps my FAVORITE is that it lets you know what special holidays occur each month! For example, who knew that January 26th is Australia Day? I know I am excited for that one, especially since that has been a place that I have wanted to visit for as long as I can remember.....hopefully one day I will get the chance, but for now we can celebrate it and learn more about it!
The girls LOVE art time! I would just tell them that it was either School Time or Art Time and ask them what they wanted to do for art or what they felt like learning more about and when they told me I looked up a learning worksheet or an art activity and we did it together!
I love starting each new season out with a clean/empty refrigerator door and seeing just how decorated we can make it at the close of that season or holiday! And I think one thing that I love about having a filled refrigerator door is that that is one of those things that won't change for a long time. I know the art projects may change a bit, and the art may turn to school work or cards for special occasions and I love that too! And even when our kiddos grow up and move away I will still decorate our refrigerator with the things they give us or send our way!! I love that our refrigerator door will always be decorated with LOVE!
Our refrigerator door at the Beginning of December!
And then there were Santa Wreaths!
And princess ornaments (that of course went on our tree!)
In their full beauty and splendor.....the girls were so proud of them and excited to put them on our tree!
And of course, our Santa and Snowman Magnets!
Ethan loves to sneak in some alone play time at the little kitchen while the girls are busy with their art projects!
We have their paper Santas!! I loved how Emily's had brains (the red and blue marks near the eyes) and Haley made hands and feet for hers!
Oh yeah, one more picture with the Santas!
Ethan also liked to play in his booster seat during art time!
Emily posing before beginning to work on her hand print Christmas Tree!
Posing in front of our tree with their Hand print Christmas Trees!
Busy at work on her Manger Scene!
She takes her cutting and gluing VERY seriously!
Emily's finished product, she put hers together and made TWO Manger Scenes!
This was our Refrigerator Door on Christmas Day! Top filled with Christmas Card pictures of people we love, and the bottom with art from our artists that we love!
Art Time is enough to tire ANYONE out, especially this little guy:)
No comments:
Post a Comment