Monday, January 28, 2013

FIRST Gathering of the Freezer Meal Mommies!

     About a month ago I contacted a few friends (one who had recently had a baby and one who is having a baby soon) to see what I could do to help them out in their transition period. Both of them said that freezer meals would be SUPER helpful! So without having any experience with freezer meals I quickly said I would bring each of them 3 meals! When I got off the phone I thought to myself GREAT, what have I just done? I know NOTHING about freezer meals!
      Apparently that single experience was a blessing in disguise, because that lead into a two week long search about freezer meals and eventually ended up in a post on facebook and a text to a few friends to see if there was any interest or if it was just one of my crazy ideas.....in not too long at all I had SIX ladies ready and excited to come and prepare together!!!
      So we set the date and got our husbands geared up to take the kiddos for a couple of hours (because between the six ladies in the picture there are 14 kiddos) and if they were all there running around it would have taken us more like two DAYS instead of two HOURS to make our meals! So, of course, we were very grateful to our Amazing Husbands for helping out too!! It was such a fun morning and we each walked away with SIX different freezer meals to make when the time is right!
      It was such a great success that we already have our next gathering scheduled for February 16th!! We are aiming to have TEN ladies participate next month, which means TEN different freezer meals for each of us!!! Could not be more pleased with how this all turned out and with all the delicious meals that we have in our deep freezer now:) 
 
 
 
The Founding Freezer Meal Mommies
(From Left to Right: Rachel Wheeler, Me, Mary Diefenbach, Patience Lanier, Katherine Lewis, and Tatiana Larsen!! Sure love these ladies!!!)

1 comment:

Lauren Wright Swinson said...

That looks like so much fun!