Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Time Art and Mixed Veggie Smoothies!!!

     Last night it snowed about 2 inches. Not enough to cause any damage, just enough to make today a bit yucky to go out into. So, we decided against it and snuggled up at home! The kids watched some Sesame Street and Curious George, then onto breakfast! After breakfast everyone got dressed and we did some school time followed up by art time:) In honor of spring being "just around the corner" we did Hand print flowers! The girls had a blast with them! I love how they really get into arts and crafts projects! And today was No Exception! Emily even traced her own hand prints!!! They were so happy to be using scissors, glue and crayons they barely knew what to do with themselves:) And the finished products were AWESOME!!!
      After they both finished up their art projects for the day, I asked them if they wanted to have a smoothie! Both girls agreed very quickly that they did!! So I went to work:) I am still trying to sneak more veggies into our kiddos (especially Miss Haley) so today, I thought I would try mixing in a half can of mixed veggies into their chocolate banana smoothies!! And do you know what?? It WORKED!!! All 3 of them gulped them down:) Haley even said "I like the taste of this smoothie Mommy!". That is progress right there, my friends!! However, as is life with little kiddos, things can change in an instant, so just because she ate her "choco/veggie" smoothie today, doesn't mean she will tomorrow, but we can always hope!!!
 

 
 Emily and Her Handprint Flower!

 

 And then later with her Smoothie Mustache!



 Haley was VERY HAPPY with her art work too!!
 


 Ethan's Smiles, post choco veggie smoothie!!
 

Haley's contented excitement with her choco smoothie mustache too!

No comments: