Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And The Charlottesville Grays Have a Grill and We are USING it!!!!

     Mimmi and Dooders have had a grill for Many Many Years Now! So I would like to say I grew up enjoying grilled food in the summer time! Therefore, the first summer after Micah and I got married I really wanted a grill! We did get one, it was a tiny charcoal one, one that didn't leave us with many positive memories at all! That would probably explain why it has taken us SEVEN summers to get another one!
      Micah has never been a huge fan of grilling for one reason or another, but finally this year I said that it was TIME for us to own our own REAL grill! I felt like I had been patient for quite a long time. And besides we had heard that Memorial Day was one of the best times to buy a grill if you were in the market for one! And since we were, we looked! We shopped around a little in the Sunday paper and then on Monday we looked at Big Lots and Kmart. After much deliberation we decided to get one that was on sale for $80 at Kmart!
      And I am SO GLAD we did! It took Micah the rest of that week to put it together, because apparently grills don't come with one single piece pre-assembled! But on Friday we were ready to put it to work! I prepped burgers, hot dogs, a veggie foil dish with peppers, onions, potatoes, and some yummy spices and of course we had to have corn on the cob!!
      And the end result.......EVERYONE ate at least something and we all were filled!! It was AWESOME!! And we have enjoyed a few more meals on it since then and are looking forward to our next grilling experience already!! And double bonus, Micah is ALMOST happy that we are grill owners now:)
 

 
Extra: this is just a picture that Emily drew of me and Micah!!


About to Begin!
 

The Food is ON the grill folks!


Our Little Grill Master in the Making!
 

"I don't think so, I've got this!"
 

Emily and I enjoying our yummy dinner that Daddy grilled for us!


Ethan looking at me and probably thinking, "Mommy, why are you looking like that?"


Haley Enjoying some Yummy Grilled Corn with her Daddy!

1 comment:

Micah Gray said...

That picture on the drawing board is actually a drawing that Emily did of the Sister missionaries who ate dinner with us.