Tuesday, April 8, 2008

We're Approved!

Today was a very special and important day for us! Not only was it my 28th birthday, but it was the day that we became an Approved Adoptive Couple! We were so excited when our caseworker finally called us to tell us it was official! It was supposed to happen yesterday at their weekly meeting, but due to unforseen circumstances their meeting was post-poned until today at 2pm!
We got the call from our caseworker at about 5:15pm with the official word! My phone had died, so Micah got the call on his cell phone, then he called to tell me the Great News! We will definitely keep you all posted over the next few weeks and months as we continue on this journey to bring our family together! We are excited to be traveling this alternate route together and to be able to share these memories with you!
We were so excited for our approval yesterday that we had to continue with our original plans ~ free pizza (that I won on the radio) and a brief lesson, then our Family Home Evening Activity of putting together the crib and changing table that arrived from Babies R Us! And just for fun we kept track of how long the assembly took ~ 1.5 hours for the crib and 1 hour and 40 minutes for the changing table~ not bad at all! We hope you enjoy the pictures, I know we had fun taking them!

My Handy Man
Putting together the Headboards
Now that it's together, how do I get out?
The Finished Products & the Tired But Excited Couple

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest, Most Precious Holly and Micah:

Happy Approval Day/Holly's Birthday!! My heart is filled with joy for you!!

All of my Love and Huge Hugs, Donna

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Thanks for sharing your journey. I can't wait to meet your little baby!

Shawna B. said...

Sweet Holly - Happy Birthday!!! Congratulations, too, on your approval. Such a special day. I love the pictures and can't wait for the precious little baby who will soon sleep in that crib. I love you, Holly!

Crystal said...

Amazing! I am so happy to hear that! The baby furniture looks fantastic! I can hardly wait to see what the Lord has in store for you two!

Kimberly Porter said...

It looks like you 2 are ready!!! The baby that gets you two as parents will be so lucky. The furniture is gorgeous, as well. I'll keep you in my prayers that your baby will come to you soon. Happy Approval Day/Birthday!!!

Ellie said...

That's a beautiful crib/changing table set! Congratulations!

courtney said...

we're so excited for you two! can't wait to meet the little lad/lass who will call you mom and dad!

The Prices said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. I am praying that your wait is short...I am getting excited to throw you a shower! That furniture is gorgeous. I am sure you put it together faster than we did the first time we had a crib!

Lauren Wright Swinson said...

How wonderful! We are SO excited for you two. We hope the wait isn't long. Congrats and good luck. Parenthood is hard but fun! :)

Lexie said...

Hooray! I'm so excited that you are approved and ready to go. Plus, god job on the assembly, the furniture looks fabulous. Can't wait to hear more (hopefully soon!)