Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Grays Have a DISHWASHER!!

We have talked about it, dreamed about it, fantasized about it and the day has FINALLY arrived! As of today, Thursday June 19, 2008, we have a working dishwasher in our kitchen! We are so excited about it too! (As you can tell by the pictures we took of the dishwashing process). It worked beautifully! We loaded the dishwasher, although we decided in the future we will definitely wait for a full load before we run it - but you know it was our first night with our newest toy so we had to try it out - filled it with dishwashing liquid and hit the start button. It was AWESOME! We were able to begin the cycle and take our showers and get ready for bed and we did it all while the dishes were washing in the dishwasher! Ha! It was the coolest thing ~ I definitely felt like a giddy high school girl tonight! But it is like my dad has always said, it's all about the simple pleasures of life! Hopefully this feeling of gratitude will last for a while and I will get an excited feeling in my heart each time I run the dishwasher ~ at least for a month or so!
Here are a few pictures of our first round with the dishwasher tonight! Micah thought it was appropriate to take the pictures of me since I am definitely getting the most excitement right now, since I no longer have to wash EVERY one of our dishes by hand! So we hope you enjoy!

Loading the Dishwasher

All loaded and ready to hit the Start Button (Since Micah has had dishwashers in the past he was able to give me a mini-lesson on which buttons to use ~ of course he also reminded me that it would be good to glance through the manual too!)Here I am with my Happy Face of a Successful start to our first load in the dishwasher! Washing dishes has never felt so good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you sure look like a "Happy Camper" no pun intended we know you would not get caught within 20 miles of a real camping situation. Besides most don't have dishwashers except for the kind you use to be!!! Glad it's working for you and glad you understand simple things do make life beautiful...though I'm not really sure a dishwasher is what I was thinking of when I told you that so many times..love dad/dooders/me

Lauren Wright Swinson said...

Having a dishwasher is pure bliss, isn't it? Jon and I didn't have one until shortly after Toby was born. I told him I REALLY NEEDED it. It worked. :) Congrats!

Emily said...

We just got our first dishwasher too! After washing dishes for three years I am also like a giddy school girl! You are so cute!