Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Heartbeat!

Today, July 15th 2008, was a very special day for Micah and I. We had our 3rd doctor's appointment. And today, we were able to hear our baby's little (but strong) heartbeat for the very first time! It was such an exciting, but at the same time unreal, moment! The tears definitely surfaced for this mother-to-be, I fought them back and didn't need any tissues! Can you believe that? And Micah, he was too excited for tissues. He was the "technical dad-to-be" as he was trying to follow the little doppler with not one but two digital recorders!! We had to make sure they worked, ya know? We got a really good recording of it, but unfortunately couldn't figure out how to upload it to our blog right now, but if anyone is interested in hearing it, just let us know!
When we got home we decided to take some pictures to celebrate this momentous day, and we got to take my 14 week photos too! We have been taking pregnancy pictures every 4 weeks (starting at week 6) and I am finally starting to look pregnant!!! This is a very exciting time for us and we are excited and happy to get to document it and share it with our dear family and friends!
~Listening to the Heartbeat~
~Posing Pretty for the Camera, you know us, gotta make a memory~
~14 weeks and counting~ Getting ready to go do some yard work!

A post from Micah:
As Holly said, we had a special memory-making experience this morning. Hearing the little heartbeat of our baby made me so happy and excited. I'm looking forward to the next adventure - the sonogram - but mostly I'm just happy that we'll have our own baby soon.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Very exciting for sure!! YAY for getting a recording!! Try uploading to indaba.com- I have used that before and it works well, then you an embed it directly into your blog!

You look great and I am awaiting the sonogram too!! I bet you are having a boy- everyone I know is! Of course, if not... um... I have a ton of baby girl clothes.

Anonymous said...

Words can not describe my excitement and joy I have for you two. What a joyful and thankful time in your life. I have listened to little Emily's heartbeat several times now and each time I am just as excited as the first. I am sure Keith would tell you the same about Ethan's heartbeat as well. You look pregnant now in your yard work clothes, you should wear them more often.

Mom

Lauren Wright Swinson said...

Holly, I didn't think you could get any cuter...but you did!! That baby bump is adorable! Congrats on hearing that soo special heartbeat. It's truly a beautiful moment. Its hard for me to believe that the little heartbeat I heard a year ago turned into a sweet baby boy! I'll be e-mailing you soon so we can get together.

Lexie said...

Isn't the sound of a baby's heartbeat one of the best sounds ever? I'm so impressed that you were able to capture the heartbeat digitally. You look so cute, I love the baby bump!

Kimberly Porter said...

Ahhh, you are so cute pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely thrilling! What a happy, happy day--with more and more on the horizon to look forward to! Just put the recording(s) on repeat and enjoy!!!

Emily said...

I could not be more excited for you!!! Forget trying to hold back those tears--if you're anything like I was you will cry plenty before your done at TV commercials, songs on the radio, everything at church! Dreams do come true!!!

Ellie said...

Oh- that's so much fun! That is one of the greatest sounds:)

Paige Freestone said...

Congrats! You have no idea how happy it makes me to see others who have struggled finally get pregnant! I am thrilled for you!