What's in Your Memory?
This is a fun post that is circulating on our friends' blogs.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, leave an email address and I will send it there.
11 comments:
I remember the brief two months that I was your visiting teacher. It was so fun, and I was disappointed when assignments got changed. I also remember what GREAT nursery leaders you and Micah were. I was always so impressed with how dedicated you guys were to those sweet little people.
Well the list is truly endless and the risk of not embarrassing anyone too much, I remember many trips to Walnut Creek Park to teach you to drive, and especially to drive a stick shift. I can still remember my head banging into the back window as you tried and ultimately figured out how to balance clutch vs. gas pedal. That old truck is gone now, but not without one transmission replacement, and several cleanings of brylcream (sp) off the back window...love ya...dad
I remember your wedding reception when Micah sang you the song he wrote for you. It was so tender and I loved seeing how cute of a couple you were. I love all the memories I have of you--always with a big smile and a lot of spunk!
I remember how wonderful of a visiting teacher you were to me. I always looked forward to having you and Crystal come over. You and Micah were newlyweds and you loved telling me all about your life, how you met, your wedding...etc. I am still impressed with how in love you guys are and how sincerely sweet you are toward each other. You are a great example to all of us!
Hi Holly!! I miss you! I still get a kick out of remembering hearing you talk about your trip to India! What an adventure! I will also never forget you showing up with piles of boxes for my move. You saved me! Also, your homemade soup after my surgery, and all your love and support, meant the world to me at a difficult time. You are wonderful! I love you!
I remember you coming to our house for FHE and hearing the story of how you guys met.
I will also never forget the moment I found out you were pregnant. Micah thought I knew somehow because I had given you a gift the week before, but I had NO idea and the gift was for who I thought would be your ADOPTED baby!
I have SO many memories with Holly but my fav were the times that we spent scrapbooking together. We would have so much fun talking about life and love. Ahhhh time flies!
When you married Micah and I could not make it to the temple (remember the whole "Temple Closed" drama?) because of the ice that caked Diana's driveway which pierced my ailing tires, I finally got to see you at the reception.
You pulled me aside (or was I pulling you aside?) and told me you hoped that I would find someone soon but that it would likely be very hard for Valerie. You said that she would probably think that I wouldn't need anyone but her but that after many years, she would come to accept and love a good guy...
Well, we are still waiting on that acceptance, but thankfully it HAS gotten better. Anyway, I think of you as bright, sunshiny and always optimistic. I wish I was more like you.
Holly, to me you will always be half of "Brother Gray and Sister Gray." You and Micah mean so much to my little Kastyn and that means you mean even more to me. When we moved here I wasn't sure how she would do, but as soon as I met you I knew that she couldn't have better nursery leaders. She still will pull off the picture of the class you gave her and talk about her "class." Thanks for your example of loving others and magnifying your calling!
Holly,
Sorry this won't be a memory but I just wanted to thank you for the tip of using the Seabands for my morning sickness. I have heard of them before but didn't know if they really worked. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our blog, I am definately going to try it out! Brandon says hi and congrats on your pregnancy as well!
-Holley (& Brandon) Christensen
I have two, Holly! Is that cheating? Well, one of them kind of belongs to my brother, Wil. I remember you gave him a hat when you were his primary teacher, and he absoltutely adored that hat (and you!) Then one time we were on vacation and he accidentally forgot to take the hat off when he went on a roller coaster ride. I still remeber the completely dejected look on his face when he got off the ride. He was so upset, he got another hat and asked you to sign it for him!
My personal memory is when you and Micah would give me rides to singles ward activities when I didn't have a car (or a license!). One time Micah had to stop somewhere on the way, and as soon as he got out of the car, you grilled me on my relationship with my future husband. It was such fun chatting with you about it! I remember we got quiet in a hurry when Micah opened the car door. I still smile when I think about that time. :)
You two are the SUPER COUPLE. We love you!
Post a Comment