The day was very rainy and dreary. It was raining especially hard at the beginning of the service when all of the family went out to the Urn Garden for a prayer ceremony. So many little kids and so few umbrellas....it was interesting, but we all made it through.
Our favorite part of the indoor ceremony was when Tom and Charles (Micah's uncles) took the opportunity to stand up and share memories of their mother that they hold dear to their hearts. It was very touching. Poppy was able to make it to the ceremony, and even though it was very hard for him (as is understandable, they were married for over 70 years) it was good to have him there.
Granny with Mummis in August 2005
3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you still have your happy memories with her (:
Awww Lydia is sooo cute. She's grown a ton!
Micah- I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm glad you were able to spend time with her over the summer.
Post a Comment