Thursday, October 9, 2008

27 Weeks and Counting!

I can't believe how quickly time is flying. It seems like just yesterday that we were starting the adoption process. Then, even though we were in the midst of all that, it seemed like an eternity between January and May (when we found out we were expecting our first baby, I was pregnant!!). Now here we are less than 3 months away from the birth of our first daughter! My, how time changes things. I remember when I was younger I was so excited about being a mom, and I would put a ball under my shirt sometimes (of course, when I was in my room with the door closed) to see how I would look pregnant. And let me just say the only problem with those balls (which is the same problem that the baby bellies have in Motherhood Maternity for you to try on under your clothes) is that they don't take into account your all-around growth, just belly growth!

So even though I don't look as small or as cute as I had percieved as I was playing around in my earlier days, I am still so happy to be pregnant with our little Emily!! She has already been such an amazing blessing to Micah and I, and she's not even here yet! We have waited and prayed so long for this miracle and she is almost here! We are excited for the next couple of months to unfold and to be able to join the world of parenthood! We know it is going to be really tough at times, but we also know that it is going to be really worth it! And we are so grateful to have such wonderful family and friends to support us along the way!



Here I am, 27 weeks and growing!

Gotta have the crib shot in there!! (Don't know what was going on with my hair this morning!)
Here we are together, I figure Micah was working so hard behind the camera to take the pictures that he needed to be in one with me too! He's so handsome!

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention, as it is notable; this morning was the first time that Micah actually felt Emily move without me telling him first! I was laying there after the alarm went off and she was really moving, but I thought I would just keep it quiet. Micah had his hand on my belly already and then a few minutes later, she kicked pretty hard, and then Micah said, "Wow! I just felt her move!". I said, "you sure did honey!". So even though that was a small moment, it was still a very exciting one for us!!

8 comments:

The Prices said...

That is totally exciting that Micah finally felt her move. How fun for you both!

Lexie said...

You always look so cute with your belly shots. It's amazing how the time flies, isn't it?

Kristen said...

Okay. So I am SO behind the times. I didn't know you were PREGNANT!!! Congratulations! That is so exciting! And a little girl... you are going to be such a wonderful mother.

Crystal said...

You gave me tears. How blessed Emily is to be born to such loving parents. I am so excited to meet her!! I have to admit, I really, really, really miss feeling the baby moving inside my body, but I get to look into sleepy eyes and smell baby smell and touch silky baby skin and hair... it is a blessing!

I love your belly, you look great! By the way, I stuffed pillows in my shirt too and I would rest my forearms and hands on it... I never could do that with my actual baby belly.

Anyway, you are amazing and I adore you- are you having a baby shower?

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! What a sweet post! It's such a neat feeling to be growing a human, isn't it? I can't wait to do it again-Ahhh-All in due time I guess. And before long little Emily will be here-She's going to make Avery look SO big :( :)

love ya

Anonymous said...

That's a HUGE moment! I am so excited for you and Micah! She'll be here before you know it. Next time I come to C-ville, I'll get to meet her! That is such a fun thought. :)

Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

PS- You look absolutely darling! Just like always.

Emily said...

You look cuter than with a pillow under your shirt (and p.s. what girl hasn't done that!) and feeling the baby move is such a fun feeling. Clara was so wiggly I really missed her once she was out. It is funny though becuase they do some of the same moves outside your belly that they felt like they were doing inside so that is fun to see.