Micah did a wonderful job yesterday with Emily's blessing. The spirit was definitely in the chapel. I felt it, others felt it. Emily was so calm, she didn't even cry during the blessing. She is a baby who LOVES to be bounced, so I had imagined that at some point during the blessing I would look up there and see all of the men in the circle bouncing Emily so high she would almost reach the ceiling. But instead, I think she slept the whole time. What a little sweet princess we have!
We were also grateful that so many members of our family were able to attend sacrament meeting and be there for her blessing yesterday. It really meant a lot to us to be able to fill up two and a half rows with people who love and support us! It was a spiritually uplifting sacrament meeting, an all-around perfect Sunday!
I just want to take this opportunity to bear my testimony. I know that we have a Heavenly Father and Mother who live and who love us. I am so grateful for this knowledge that I have and to know that this earth life is not the beginning or the end of our existence. I am thankful that we have a prophet of God on the earth today, President Thomas S. Monson, and that he has counselors and apostles that help him lead and guide the Lord's church today. I am thankful for the restoration of the priesthood and all of the blessings that have been given to me because of that. I am thankful for the Bible and for the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price and I am also grateful that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today that still speak to us and help us know what we should do.
I am grateful for this season of my life as a stay at home mom. I am grateful for my wonderful husband and our sweet little daughter, who helps us understand Heavenly Father's Plan clearer with each new day! I am thankful for special days that help to scatter those extra bits of sunshine that we need to keep us going and keep us on the right path. Life is good. This is my testimony today and I leave it here in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Micah has agreed to add his feelings too!
Thanks for your beautiful testimony, Holly. Yesterday was a happy day for me too. I was nervous at first because it was my first time giving a baby a blessing. I lost some of my nervousness and got teary-eyed when we started singing the opening hymn "Because I have been given much I too must give - because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live..."
I feel so blessed to have a loving wife who is also a wonderful mother, and I am so blessed to be the father of a beautiful, healthy baby girl. She is our miracle sent from heaven. She is evidence of the bounteous love that our Heavenly Father has for us.
Here are a few pictures from Emily's Blessing Day (we didn't take any pictures of Emily by herself in her blessing outfit yesterday, so stay tuned, that is on the agenda for today!)
The 3 of Us, Just after Sacrament Meeting
Here we are with Mommers and Dooders
We were so glad that Mummis made it down to the blessing and to see Emily too!

Here are the wonderful men who participated in Emily's Blessing (we are only missing Mike Cummings)
Micah with Emily and all of her cousins that came for the blessing!
A Shot of Everyone who came to the blessing (we are only missing Dad, Jeannie, Jessie D. and Avery....they had to leave early because Avery got sick, and Jay.)
~These next photos were taken at the lunch at Mommers and Dooders' house after the blessing~
Nathan and Sarah's kids are so excited to FINALLY have a cousin. Sarah called after she got home last night and wanted us to know that now all of the kids have a stuffed animal named Emily - now you know that is EXCITEMENT!
Joseph and Emily (can you feel the excitement in his smile!)
Hannah and Emily, both on my lap!
Abigail couldn't stop smiling when it was her turn to hold Emily!
Lydia wasn't really sure about the whole thing, but she will be excited when they both get a little older, since they are only a year apart they will probably be the best of friends!
6 comments:
Yes! What a wonderful day it was, the blessing of Emily Marie and having our family at church with us to witness such a beutiful blessing. I am thankful for Heavenly Father and President Monson also and all the blessings we receive in our lives. You three make a beutiful family.
Love
Mom
Holly, what a fabulous day! The blessing was so beautiful, just like Emily. I'm so glad we got to be a part of it. Sorry to hear about Micah's eye, I'm glad it's doing better. I'm so glad things are going so great!
Thank you for sharing that, it made me feel so fantastinc!!
Emily looks beautiful! Sorry we couldn't make it but I'm glad everything went well.
I am so sad that I wasn't able to be at church this week. I am sure that the blessing was beautiful. I promise to come over super soon to see you guys.
I'm so glad it was so special! Thank you for your beautiful testimonies! I love you guys and wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment