Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We're So Glad When Daddy Comes Home!

After 2 wonderful weeks of having a stay-at-home husband and daddy, Micah went back to work yesterday! I started getting nervous for the day probably the Friday before! I wasn't sure I was up to the task, but Micah repeatedly reminded me that this was the day that I had been dreaming of and living for my whole life! I am now a stay-at-home mom! And even though I was really excited about that, I also had tons of new mommy fears!! Would I be able to handle Emily all by myself? What if she got hurt? What if she wouldn't stop crying? What if I started crying too? All these crazy things racing through my mind, but once again the old saying "dreading something is worse than doing it" rang true!
Monday morning came, and even though Emily had a rough night Sunday night we got Micah up and got him out the door for work by 7:30am!! At first I sat down and wondered what on earth we were going to do with our day? Then it was time to feed Emily once again, at that point I sat on the couch and pulled out my scriptures and started to read. The next thing I knew I had a full day planned for us!
We decided to have lunch with Micah, since he works so close to home & it was my first day being able to drive since Emily was born! Lunch was great and it was a fun activity that helped break up the day for all 3 of us (even though Emily slept through Micah's lunch in her car seat!). After lunch we headed into town, stopped by Mema's so that Emily could spend a few minutes with her Great Grandma and her Great Aunt Debra before we headed out to Mommers and Dooders house! It was a nice little visit and Mema and Debra both thought she had grown a little bit, so that was nice to hear! We are working on getting her back up to her birth weight and right now she is at 6 lbs 6 oz!!
When we got to Mommers and Dooders house Emily got her diaper changed and then got fed and then I headed out with my mom to the store so that we could get some more diapers. Emily got to spend some one on one time with Dooders for the first time! They apparently had a blast together, and Dooders even tried to keep her awake for me!!
It was so nice to have Micah around to help out with house projects and to play with Emily and to get to bond together as a family! And it is nice now to start creating a new chapter as we work out being a family of 3 with Micah working full time, me as a stay at home mom and our sweet little Emily!! Heavenly Father sure has blessed our little family and I am so grateful for each of those blessings. Emily and I are learning the words to "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" and it is our new mommy daughter tradition ( for lack of a better word) to sing it every day when Daddy comes home from work! It's all about the small and simple things in life!

Here are a few pictures from the last few days and a cute little video that we took when we came back to Emily after she spent about an hour and a half with Dooders!! Keep Smiling!


One of Emily's Adorable Expressions!
Looking up at Daddy, on the verge of another nap!

All snuggled up with Mommy!

Not a huge fan of the car seat, but once the car gets moving she remembers just how much she likes to go for rides!

Another Cute Shot ~ relaxing in her tub before her 2nd bath!!

A Video clip of one of her first lessons that Dooders taught her!! Grandparents are THE BEST!

3 comments:

Keith-n-Kim said...

We'll have to get Emily to respond quicker to these important questions of life, but she has plenty of time. Glad her answer was in the affirmative!!!!!!!...love me

shawna b. said...

Glad you made it through your first official day as a stay at home mommy! You're doing great! You will be so glad to have documented these memories. Enjoy this time!

Emily said...

We always sang that song to my Dad when he came home from work (up until I left for college)! I'm glad you survived--You're a great mother I am sure!!