Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day

Micah is the best Daddy in the whole wide world!! Emily is so lucky to be his daughter. He loves to play with her and can't wait to hold her and play with her and find out all of her new tricks when he comes home from work each afternoon!
We were happy to get to celebrate him this past Sunday on Father's Day. And what a special day it was. We were able to attend church with Mommers and Dooders and then we got to have lunch at their house too! It was nice to go and spend some time with 2 of the greatest men this girl has ever known.
I am grateful that Emily is able to grow up in a family surrounded by love. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to bless me with the things I need and desire in my life. I am grateful for his precision in sending His blessings to us. I waited, hoped, wished and prayed to find a man who was worthy to take me to the temple for so so long and finally when I was 25 Heavenly Father sent Micah into my life. He has been such an amazing example of strength, love and patience to me and I am so grateful for the way that he honors his responsibilities as a husband and a father in our home.
Then we wanted to start our family soon after we got married, but Heavenly Father had a different plan in mind. We waited and hoped and wished and prayed to have Emily join our family for a long time and it seems that at the perfect moment He sent her, and I will always be grateful for our amazing little girl and the way that she blesses our lives each and every day. She is so full of spunk and fun mixed with the perfect amount of seriousness too! And I love being a mommy, and I love watching Micah continue to grow into the most amazing dad ever. I love watching the two of them bond together, especially when they play!!
Here are a few pictures of Micah's journey through Fatherhood so far.....Enjoy!!


The night before Emily was born, He was giving her kisses!!


Cuddling with his little girl the first night in the hospital!

Just a few nights ago, all ready for her night time routine with Daddy! He puts her to bed every night, he holds her and sings to her until she almost falls asleep each night. They love their night time together!


Dooders and Micah preparing to open their Father's Day Gifts in almost matching yellow bags!


2 Manly Men enjoying their gifts!!


Emily Loves her Daddy!!
Let's hear it for the ATTITUDE!!


Everything changes when you put a little princess in the picture!


Daddy with his 2 princesses!!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Happy First Father's Day, Micah! It was great to see you guys over the weekend. I love the shirt for Keith. Thanks for sending the picture of Emily- it's so sweet- I love how she has her hands together.

Jessica said...

Love the one of them in their PJs! Adorable :)

*Berry picking was fun and very successful. Thanks for waking up to answer the phone Holly. You're the best*