Monday, October 19, 2009

Apple Harvest Festival at Carter's Mountain!!

As most of you know, life gets busy! At the beginning of September I made plans with my mom that we wouldn't make too many plans for the weekends in October so that we could catch a lot of the festivals that take place around VA! Well, by the time October came I realized that we had made plans for EVERY weekend and none of those plans included a single festival:( That reality made me pretty sad, until I realized that on October 10th our plans were for the mid-afternoon....my sister in law, Tiffany's, baby shower. And since we had to come into town for it, it turned out that we were able to catch the Carter's Mountain Apple Harvest Festival this year! The only setback to my great plan was that it was COLD and RAINY! But we (Mommers, Dooders, Micah, Emily and I) braved the yucky weather to drive up to Carter's Mountain so that I could get some Apple Butter, some Apple Donuts and stand in line for 15 minutes in the drizzly mist to use the lovely Porta-potties that they have out front!! It was definitely a memory made and one that we won't soon forget!

Looking back on it though, I will say it was worth it 100%. We all got to spend some time together, Emily got to attend her first of many Apple Harvest Festivals and we got to spend a nice, but rainy Saturday afternoon together as a family!

Here are a few pictures to document our memories.........

Emily enjoyed sitting High Atop the Pumpkins in the Patch!!

I always love to cuddle with my Girl!

Daddy was having fun too, holding Emily and an Umbrella and all! I sure love my Micah Cordon...he is so supportive!!


Had to get a shot of the "Good Hair Day" that we were having!

Mommers and Dooders with their little Emily Marie!

What's an Apple Harvest Festival if you can't get a Family Photo in front of the Gigantic Pumpkin?


3 comments:

shawna b. said...

Love, love, love Carter Mountain! Glad you had a fun time. Those apple donuts are amazing! Nothing better than Virginia in the fall.

shawna b. said...

PS - Good luck keeping up with your little crawler! Life will never be the same! :)

Emily said...

I love the "good Hair day" picture because Micah's head is sticking up in between 2 umbrellas--haha!