Thursday, January 21, 2010

Such a Big Helper!

Today Emily and I went into town and met my friend, Julia, and her little 4 month old son, Gavin, at Mommers and Dooders for a little play date. We LOVE play dates and this one was no exception. Emily and Gavin both really enjoyed each other's company. Gavin is such a cute "go with the flow" baby and Emily did such a good job of making sure that Gavin was always happy and when he would start to fuss she would go over to him and gently pat his head, or rock him in his car seat or show him how to work the toys on his walker.

Julia and I don't get to get together very often because of schedules and location...she lives in Fluvanna and we live in Greene so it is quite the event to actually get together. But I am so glad that we did today! Emily and Gavin are both at really cute and sweet ages. They got along so much better than either Julia or I even imagined, and we definitely experienced some "Kodak Moments"....some that we were able to capture on the camera and others will simply be etched in our memories! But overall, it was a fun and eventful day. Then we made it back home for Emily to take a nap, which she definitely needed. It takes a lot to entertain a 4 month old, ya know?

Emily checking out Gavin all cozy in his car seat
Playing the "big friend" and rocking him to bring him comfort. Looks like it worked!

It's Play Time....Emily and Gavin enjoyed playing on the Walker together!! Emily enjoyed showing Gavin how to work the toys and Gavin was happy to take it all in!

Time to say Bye Bye to Gavin!

Emily rocked him until he fell asleep and then I guess she felt like it was time for a little R and R too!

Watching Emily play with Gavin today brought a lot of joy and excitement to this Mommy's heart! I often wonder how she will do, being so young and having a little sister, but it is glimpses like the one I was granted today, that allow me to know that everything will be okay. Emily will be a great big sister.....her usual self ~loving and kind~ with some bumps in the road, but aren't there bumps on every road?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Gavin is the spitting image of his father. I expected him to look a little like Julia but WOW! Cute pics

Crystal said...

She is such a loving girl! You are so blessed. I am a mere 11 months older than my brother. I don't think I resented him, but I sure did feel for my mother (as an adult)! Her situation was much different though, she had no family support and you really do, PLUS a great husband, so I think your family is going to be not only fine, but GREAT!

Ellie said...

looks like she's ready to have a playmate around the house!