Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Progress Continues!

Yesterday, Tuesday July 6, 2010, Micah and I had our pre-drywall walk thru! It was DEFINITELY a HOT day to be walking through a house WITHOUT Air Conditioning for about an hour! I definitely gained a greater respect for all of the construction workers in the world and particularly the ones who are laboring at our home right now!
Our walk thru went relatively well yesterday. There were only a few set backs, but nothing that should delay production. The biggest set back was probably that they had put a gas line in when we were under the impression that we were having an electric stove in the kitchen, not gas. One thing that we are learning is that communication is definitely key when taking on a project like this. Even when you think things have been communicated, it is definitely okay to communicate them again. That way everyone can stay on the same page and happy:) I know this is something that we already knew, but it never hurts to be reminded once in a while.
Last night, Micah went to our new home after work and installed speaker brackets. Time was of the essence because he needed to get them in before they start dry wall today so that they could cut around them and we wouldn't have to later:) And even though it was in the 90's last night, Micah went there....after a wild goose chase to hunt down the brackets which were still sitting at Fed Ex on Avon street......and installed 8 brackets!! He was so tired, but at the end of the day was really glad he did it.
The girls and I met him over there on our way home, and at the end of his project, because he had also told me that the decking was partly done and the siding had been started! Emily and I got to get out and look at the progress while Haley snoozed in the car, under Micah's supervision:)

My Hard Working Husband standing on our new decking boards!
Siding is partly up!

1 comment:

Micah Gray said...

I think the last two photos are the same. Are they?