Friday, December 17, 2010

Haley's First Snow!!!

Yesterday, December 16th, we had SNOW in VA!! It wasn't a dusting, it wasn't a blizzard. It was powdery and only about 3 inches!! The perfect snowfall (in my opinion)! Plus due to the time and weather predictions it was great too, because Micah was able to come home at about 11:45 and he was home for the rest of the day!! And it was our 5th Anniversary and to make it even more fun....it was HALEY's 1st Snow!!
We didn't take her or Emily out in it yesterday because it was SUPER cold and it was either snowing or blowing snow for most of the day. But we did want the girls to have a chance to get out and play a little, since it was the "perfect little kid snow", so I took them out this morning just before lunch!
I was a little nervous about taking them both out in the snow by myself ~you know, the cold, the possible meltdowns, getting them snug as bugs in a rug, etc.~ but I finally psyched myself up and we got all comfy cozy and off we went to the back yard! And we all had so much fun! The only meltdown occurred when I announced that after 25 minutes it was time to go back inside:)

Haley checking out all this cold white stuff all around her!
This was her stance most of her time outside!

Not sure what to think!
Emily was really enjoying herself!

Emily really liked eating the snow too!

Another shot of them enjoying the snow!

Emily was trying to make a snowball and Haley was trying to figure things out!

Gotta love the self-timer!

Last shot of the trio before we went back inside to get warm!


2 comments:

Karen Harris said...

Holly, I love seeing your blog. Besides having the cutest family ever... I love seeing pictures of you. You look like the happiest mother and wife on the planet.
Love, Elder and Sister Harris

Ellie said...

That is a perfect kid snow! I'm glad they enjoyed it. I had to laugh about the "times up" meltdown. I have pics of Luke about the same age as Emily laying on the floor crying in all his snowclothes because it was time to go in--I'm so mean:)