Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Fun Rainy Day Inside!!!

Yesterday it was kind of yucky and dreary outside (much like it looks like today will be too, actually) so the girls and I just hung out at home! But it was awesome, because they got a surprise visit from their Aunt Ellie who lives in Northern Virginia...since she was going to be in town for part of the day she decided to stop by! She got some cute pics while she was here, although I didn't.....it seemed like wherever we were my camera was not with us:(
But the girls and I did have some fun times before and after she came too and I am glad that my camera was nearby to capture some of their cuteness!! Before Ellie came we decided to do some "art". When I asked the girls what they wanted to do they both said, "Stickers!" So, I went in our art box and pulled out our sticky foam stickers and the had a Blast!! Emily LOVED putting them on her paper along with glue and colorful cotton balls and Haley really enjoyed putting the foam stickers on her paper so that she could take them off and transfer them to her face!! What a silly funny girl:)
Micah and I have been trying to decide how to store our downstairs toys for a while now, the open top bins just weren't cutting it! So, yesterday Micah came up with a SUPER idea....to turn their play kitchen into a multi-purpose area.....so now it is the home for all of their cooking paraphernalia as well as their toys and books!!! And I think everyone is excited about the new set up....especially me!!
Here is a picture of where the toy/book bins used to go (right in front of our fireplace)!
Here is the newly designed multi-purpose play kitchen - complete with labels so that when everything gets pulled out and played with we know where it goes back too:)
And here it is with the doors closed!!
Haley really liked putting her stickers on her face, but mostly on her chin!
Emily followed along pretty quickly!

Here is the artist at work!
And here is my other little artist attempting to draw on a sticker that she put on her chin!

Busy as a Little Bee!
Just before naps they decided to crawl in the bed together!! And then Emily read Haley a book, a priceless moment!

Showing her the Pictures!
Getting all Comfy Cozy!! ( I LOVE Haley's expression in this picture!!)

No comments: