Last Thursday, January 26, 2012, Emily had her very FIRST Dentist appointment! Why go to the dentist so early? Well, I happened to notice that when Emily came to visit us in the hospital the day that Ethan was born that one of her front teeth was a little bit dark. But I didn't pay much attention to it at the time (thought it might be some of my anesthesia wearing off or something), but then a couple weeks later when we took her to the pediatrician for her 3 year check up, she noticed her tooth and she recommended that we make her a dentist appointment to check it out and also to have her teeth cleaned (since they recommend starting dentist visits at 3 years of age anyway).
So, that is what we did! Dooders came over to our house and stayed with Haley and Ethan so that I could take Emily and have all of my attention to focus on her, for which I was grateful! When we got there they called us back pretty quickly! Emily decided that she would rather sit in my lap than sit by herself in the chair, so I sat down and she climbed right up into my lap! She was so brave! Our hygienist's name was Jonathan and he was so Great with her! She let him count her teeth, clean her teeth and she even let him scrape a tiny bit of plaque off of 2 of her bottom teeth! And at the very end he gave her a toothbrush and then she got to go and pick a treasure out of the treasure chest!! That is what she had been waiting for the whole time!
Overall, Emily's first trip to the dentist was a total success! She is already a pro! And she is excited to go back to have her teeth cleaned again in 6 months!! She was so excited she had to come home and tell Dooders, Haley and Ethan all about it!
NOTE: About her darker tooth, they said that it should be fine. That it will probably be her first to fall out, but shouldn't fall out until she is about 5 or so! And on another side note, apparently when I was 3 I was running around a coffee table and fell and hit my tooth and it did the same as Emily's! I thought that was a neat coincidence when my mom told me about it! Like Mother Like Daughter, I guess:)
No comments:
Post a Comment