Monday, October 29, 2012

A Little Fun with Paper Dolls!

     Thanks to my sister in law, Ellie, we have this great book called "The Preschoolers Busy Book". Several years ago when she gave it to me Emily was tiny, I couldn't even comprehend using it. But now that we have 2 preschoolers in the house I am so grateful that I held on to it!! And it is absolutely perfect for really hot days, or really cold yucky days like today! Emily loves to look through it to find recipes and art projects! Today she was looking through and found an idea about making paper dolls! She got really excited about it and I thought it would be fun too! So I found a pattern online, cut it out using cereal box cardboard and asked them what kind of clothes they wanted, cut them out and then I let them go crazy with coloring and making hair (seriously check out the hair on Emily's doll!!). And after they made them, they played with them together nicely for over an hour!! It was AWESOME!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that book, thanks again Ellie for passing it on to us!!

Emily and her Purple Doll, that coincidentally matches her!!


Haley with her cute creation!

No comments: