Thursday, October 4, 2012

Even Moms Have a Good Idea Once in a While!!

     Probably one of the most exciting things for me as a parent has been to watch my children learn and grow and develop talents! It brings me such joy to see them excited to share something new that they have learned! And as a stay at home mom I am always trying to spice things up a bit around our house to keep the kiddos thinking!!! 
      My latest idea started one morning when I really wanted/needed to mop our floors and I needed the girls to be occupied with something. I could have just let them continuing to watch Fox and the Hound as I know they would have stared blankly at that screen for probably the 20 minutes that I needed to mop the floors. But instead I got the idea to bring out our easel and have them draw the things they were seeing as they were seeing them. And I have to admit I was AMAZED at what I saw. And I was so happy to see both girls working together on the same paper too! 
       They loved this little "art project" so much, that since Fox and the Hound, we have also done Curious George and Dinosaur Train. I should also add, that since I am still nursing Ethan our television time centers around when it is time for me to nurse him. So the other two drawings were from two of our "nursing shows"!! 


Fox and the Hound, Interpreted by Emily and Haley


Curious George, Interpreted by Emily and Haley


Dinosaur Train, Interpreted by Emily and Haley

No comments: