Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fun with 3s!!

I love these types of Games of Tag! I never was really good at the actual game of tag when I was younger and I haven't tried recently because, honestly, running just isn't my forte and running while pregnant sounds like NO FUN AT ALL, again just me and my opinion!!

Now for the game, I have been "tagged" by 2 people now, and so I guess it is my turn to post and tag!! Ready or not here we go!!!

(As a side note: Micah has also been tagged by one of our friends - not that he knows it yet - I am going to try to get him to play this game tonight, so if he is willing and able stay tuned for his answers later tonight or in the morning!!)





How To Play This Game of Tag:


Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!


3 joys

~ I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The truths and blessings that I know and have recieved by my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are innumerable! I love to read the Scriptures (the Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine & Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price) and I enjoy my own personal scripture study time as well as the time that Micah and I take to read the scriptures together each morning. I know that these books of scripture are true and I am so thankful to be blessed to have them as a part of my life and my family's life.

~ I am also thankful to have a Worthy Priesthood Holder as my Best Friend and Eternal Companion. I love Micah so much and am so thankful that we get to be an eternal family!! I have so much fun with him, and he always makes me smile! He is going to be the best dad in the world!! He is smart, funny, very ticklish, extremely caring and loves me with all of his heart. What more can a girl ask for?

~ Being Pregnant with our First Child - I am so excited to be a mom and to finally meet our first little baby in just about 4.5 months! Pregnancy has not been a piece of cake for me so far by any means, but I am amazed every day at this wonderful process that occurs to bring our Heavenly Father's children into this world. Heavenly Father is truly the Father of us all and that brings me great joy!!


3 fears

~MICE --- definitely #1, those little furry rodents scare me more than you can possibly imagine, and sometimes I truly think they know that and try to seek me out!!!


~ Driving During Deer Season....when is deer season exactly? All I know is that I was driving home the other day and in broad day light I saw 3 of them cross right out in front of me! We have only been in one deer related accident, but the thought of another one terrifies me!


~ CHANGE --- I hesitate to mention this one, as we are about to experience one of life's BIG changes in about 4 1/2 months!!! But mainly the ones that get me are the ones when you lose friends and loved ones, whether they pass away or move away ~ either one is extremely hard and difficult. Another big change that we will face by the end of this year is a change in our ward and stake boundaries. They are building a brand new church building (it is going to be a stake center) in Charlottesville and I know with that wonderful building means growth and change. Saying good bye to old friends, making new friends, adjustments. Such is life and life does and will move forward, and that is the beauty of it!!

3 Obsessions/Collections

1. Blogging & Blog Hopping - I love it when I find a new friend or an old friend who has decided to join the blogging band wagon!

2. Friends ~ The TV Show~ I used to watch that show faithfully each week and was crushed when the Series ended. Now I found out that it comes on from 5-6 each week night so I get to come home from work and if I plan it right I can watch the episode from 5:30-6!! Love it!

3. Can you believe I am out of obsessions....I have been thinking about it for about 5 minutes now and everything that comes to mind is either scrapbook related, blog related:) Sorry to leave you hanging:)

3 goals

~ To Strive to be a better wife, and be able to meet the needs that Micah has. I want to be sure to always do my best so that he can always feel of the love and appreciation that I have for him! Thanks for being my best friend honey, I LOVE YOU!

~ To Be Able to Keep our Scrapbooks up to date. I love to scrapbook and my goal has always been to do one family album a year and with the help of SHUTTERFLY I have still been able to do that! Scrapbooking is something that is really important to me and between and blogging those are my ways of journaling for our family! So hopefully in the coming months and years I will be able to follow through with this goal!


~ To ride in a Hot Air Balloon!! Seriously this has been on my top 3 list for a LONG TIME! And one day I hope I am able to meet that goal!

3 Facts about Me

~ My favorite food is Macaroni & Cheese - doesn't matter if it is home made or from a box. When I was little and I stayed with my Mema during the day while my mom worked, she would fix mac & cheese for me every day! She would always tell me that I better be careful or I would turn into a macaroni noodle one day! So far, I'm still good!

~ I LOVE my neices & nephews! I have always said that being an Aunt or Uncle is like being a grandparent only in your younger years!! You get to spoil the little angels and send them back home to mommy & daddy for the serious business and discipline:) I guess our days on the other side of this equation are coming soon though!!

~ I actually enjoy the Harry Potter Series! Micah and I started reading the first book over a year ago and have FINALLY made our way to the 4th one! It is hard to imagine, but I am actually enjoying them! And am always looking forward to what happens in the next chapter! Of course (I mentioned this in an earlier post) I do enjoy hearing Micah imitate the different voices ~ Harry, Ron, Hermoine, all the Professors and my favorite is probably Hagrid~ Now who's impressed that I actually remembered all of those names??

That about wraps up my post of 3s! It has been fun and a great opportunity to reflect on the simple pleasures in life and the basic truths that make me who I am! Now I suppose it is my turn to tag 3 people.......Here are my choices:

1. Dooders

2. Katrina

3. Ellie

HAVE FUN!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly Porter said...

That was fun to read. You are such a positive, happy person. Reading your blog makes my day. :)