Monday, August 11, 2008

On the Road Again!!

We have wrapped up another weekend of traveling and spending time with family! This weekend Micah and I took the opportunity to travel down to Greensboro, North Carolina to visit with his maternal grandparents (Granny and Poppy). It was a very nice trip and we are so glad that we finally took the opportunity to go! We haven't been in 3 years! The last time we were there (and the first time I went down) was 3 years ago exactly!

We were able to get a lot of visiting in, which was nice. We had a family lunch at the nursing home with his grandparents, his mom, all his brothers and sisters, and his aunts and uncles and his cousin Jess was also there. Lunch was good, but the best part was being able to be all together with so many members of our family that we don't get to be in contact with much on a regular basis!

Saturday evening, we all made it out to dinner together (with the exception of his grandparents). That was nice treat! We were so stuffed when we got back to our hotel that evening that we couldn't even go down to swim with everyone else, which was too bad, but hopefully we will have other opportunities in the future!

Also, after our big meal Saturday evening I was able to feel the baby moving quite a bit, which is always a nice treat! I am sure there was so much food in my tummy that the baby was competing for space, but either way the baby was definitely moving around!! I think that was one of the first times I have felt movement when I haven't been laying down really still, so that was a new experience!!

On Sunday we headed for church and back to say good-bye to everyone before we headed back to Ruckersville. Our trip home was pretty smooth, uneventful, and I was able to get a good nap in while Micah, being the dedicated husband and daddy-to-be, drove all the way! That was our weekend in a nutshell!



Us with Granny and Poppy at Brighton Gardens!!





Oh and as a side note we get to go to our next doctor's appointment this coming Thursday, August 14th! This should be a regular visit, but we will get to schedule our ultra sound this time ~ we think it is going to be some time in the 1st week of September, but we will be sure to keep everyone "posted" on that as we find out!! Can you believe we are already 18 and a half weeks along, we are going to take our 18 week picture soon and we will probably post that too!



4 comments:

Keith-n-Kim said...

Of course you are going to post it...you post everything, but always glad to see and read the news even though most of the time I already know since I get an inside scoop from "BLOGGER GIRL, love dad

The Prices said...

I am sooo excited for you to have your ultrasound. That is always my favorite part of being pregnant.

Kimberly Porter said...

Yeah! That's so fun that you're starting to feel the baby kick and move. It's my favorite part of being pregnant! I'm excited to hear about your ultrasound. It should be coming soon...ours are usually scheduled around the 22-23rd week of gestation. But it seems like everyone else's are around 20 weeks. Let us know!

Ellie said...

You've been having some busy weekends! I guess that's how it is in the summer. We're heading up to PA for a week to visit everyone and I'll leave my bags packed for a weekend down your way- hope to see you.