Mom has always been there for me ~ to listen to me and to love me no matter what. She has cleaned up my messes, taken me on vacations, and taken me to Kings Dominion almost every year of my life. We were even baptized on the same day! She has always been there to amuse me and to make me laugh, help me through school (and I am sure that was one of her greater challenges!), watch me search for and find my eternal companion (which I am sure wasn't always easy to do as there were many tears shed and "why me's?" along the way), and teach me about how to be a good mom!
I am so grateful to her for her constant love and care. She has always done such a great job of making sure that I am well taken care of. And even now, I will go meet her during lunch for a walk and she will bring me nectarines or buy me something from the grocery store that she thinks we might need:) But most importantly she is always there to support my, and Micah's, decisions whether or not she agrees that they are the best ones for us!
I am so thankful to get the opportunity to celebrate her birthday with her today! I love you Mom!
Now for some pictures that span through the years........
Just a few months after I was born
Us again on one of our many hikes up Hump Back Rock ~ Of course one of my baby dolls had to come along!!
Enjoying the Hobby Horses together at Kings Dominion!!
1990 ~ With Elder Brown, one of our favorite missionaries, not too long before we were baptized!
Being Silly at Christmas Time ~ 1997
Having Fun with Emma and Luke ~ 2003
My Wedding Day~At the Washington D.C. Temple~ December 16, 2005December 17, 2006 ~ The Day I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree from Old Dominion
University
5 comments:
Very Nice Holly, I know your Mom will appreciate that, and so do I, Love Dad
I can not think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than to be remembered by my family. The pictures say it all, we have had a lot of fun times. I look forward to seeing my family throughout the day and taking in my birthday songs. Thank you for all you and Micah do for me and remembering me on your blog today. I love you both very much----Love Mommers
Holly,
You have a super great mom and it shows! How thoughtful of you to dedicate your post to her today on her special day. I will now go and say happy birthday to Kim on her blog!
That is a nice collection of pictures. I'm sorry we had to miss the party- I'm sure it was great!
I loved this post, how sweet! And I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of you two over the years.
Post a Comment