When I got home tonight, after I dropped Micah off for a meeting, I had a lot of time to think, and since we just recently left Rebecca's wedding, my thoughts turned to her and the wonderful friendship that we have shared for so many years now!
We have been through so much together. We met in 1994 the first summer that she and I signed up to be Junior Volunteers at Martha Jefferson Hospital, I guess you could say we became "fast friends". We hit it off right away, we just clicked. We did everything together that summer, we volunteered for the same departments and ate lunch together, spent nights together, we even inherited fun nicknames together (remember "right lung" "left lung"), and just had fun!!
Since those good ol' days back in 1994 when we would spend what seemed like our lives at Martha Jefferson Hospital with all of the friends we had made, we have come a long way, we have been on trips together (gotta love amusement parks and great pictures....especially the roller coaster shots!!), we've cried together, we've laughed together, we've had "fallouts" ~ some pretty big ones ~ but we have always made up and we have met our boyfriends, who became our fiances, who are now our husbands!! We are starting our own families now ~ but through all of this and all of the journeys ahead true friends we will remain!!
Beck, you were an absolutely beautiful bride today!! Thanks for including us in your special day!! I love you and am so glad for the friendship that we have built and look forward to many more good times to come!! I wish you all the happiness in the world in your marriage to Timmy!
Our first picture together in 1995




6 comments:
What a treasure to find a dear friend so early & to stay so close. What a neat experience to be a part of her wedding, you guys look so cute together on both of your wedding days, what fun memories!
Friends are the best! It's fun to see your blog and get updated. Say hello to virginia for us!
natalie
I love weddings! I am so glad you got to be at hers!
Old friends are the best. Yay!
I loved reading about your friendship and going down memory lane! What a blessing you are to each other. So glad you got to be there for yet another special day together. There are many more to come,I'm sure.
What a great day for going to the apple festival, I hope the bag of apples means another delicious pie soon...like family home evening!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment