Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Have a Sky Light!!!

Micah has been on vacation from work this week. He gets four weeks of vacation a year and this is his one week that he uses to relax and work on house projects! So, this week he has been busy reading up on how to make music in your own simple home studio, books on how to build your own shed and the project that he chose to tackle this week was......to put a sky light in our bathroom!
Today our bathroom went from being the darkest room in the house (with no windows and no natural light) to being the brightest room in our house (with the exception of our office....the "happy room" which is painted in a bright yellow color called "beach ball").
I was so impressed when I came home from work to a totally different bathroom. I saw the light illuminating from the room as I stood down the hall in the kitchen. I absolutely love it!! Micah did an amazing job, and he also did a great job taking pictures throughout the process to document it for our blog and our family journal!! Although these pictures are great, trust me they do not do justice to how Great it looks in there now! I think this success has gotten Micah excited to add more skylights throughout the house now!! I am excited, because our house can always use more natural light!
I am really grateful to be married to such a handy husband! Enjoy the pictures!!!!

~Getting Ready to Begin....Going into the Attic~
~ Preparing to cut the hole in the bathroom ceiling~
~Up on the Roof....at this point, he called me at work every half hour just to make sure I knew he was okay. If I didn't hear from him every 30 minutes, I was instructed to try to call him, and if I didn't get an answer I was supposed to call 9-1-1! Boy was I grateful for all of those phone calls I got while I was at work today!~
~The Finished Product Up on the Roof~
~Micah posing with the part of the ceiling that he cut out in the bathroom~
~ Ta Da.....Introducing our Brand New Sky Light!!!~

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Are you kidding me?! That is amazing! Way to go, Micah!

Keith-n-Kim said...

Great Job, looks really well done and has to make the bathroom not only brighter but feel bigger as well. See you both tonight for dinner and NEWS...love dad

Anonymous said...

Micah, Can we hire you out at our house.....what a great job and so much light you will enjoy in the bathroom. What a good idea, can't wait to see it in person. See you all tonight!

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That is fantastic. Great job. Excited to talk to you guys soon!!!

Sydney

Anonymous said...

That skylight is pretty awesome! Its only fault is that it doesn't help much after dark...haha. But I guess that's what the new light in the hallway's for. You put a lot of work into that skylight...I didn't realize it took that much.