As Micah was reading the directions for the polyurethane he found out that it was going to need between 2-3 coats and that each coat would need to dry for approximately 4 hours before being sanded for the next coat! So our hopes of finishing it all in one morning were dashed!
However, with Micah's diligence and detail-orientation he was able to finish it in about 3 or 4 actual days of working on it! He just put the last coat of polyurethane on last night and the chair looks amazing now! It is currently sitting in Emily's room drying/airing out! We have the fan going almost all the time with the window open to keep the air circulating and hopefully to get the chair "scent free" by the time of Emily's arrival!
Speaking of Emily's arrival, we just had another doctor's appointment today. we also decided to go ahead and have my glucose test done (which consisted of not eating anything after midnight last night....talk about hard for a pregnant woman to get up and not have breakfast....not even a middle of the night snack, just a sip or two of water). For all who might be wondering the Glucose Test wasn't really that bad, the drink tasted like orange soda and they served it to me really cold! I think the nurse said I downed the drink in like 45 seconds! I was hungry and I knew the faster I drank the drink the quicker my hour would start and the sooner I could get some FOOD!
After that we went to our doctor's appointment. It had been 6 weeks since my last one because he wanted to allow me to be able to do the blood work and the appointment at the same time. He measured my belly for the first time today and says that everything measures normally. Emily seems to be healthy and we got to hear her heartbeat again. That is my favorite part of the appointments ~ it even makes up for having to hop on the scales in the beginning! Her little heartbeat sounds so perfect, it definitely is enough to warm her mommy and daddy's heart!
We are just waiting to hear back from the doctor's office anytime for the "official date" of our C-section! Exciting times!
Here is the chair with just the top half having a coat of polyurethane.
My handsome husband putting the finishing coat on the rocking chair last night!!!
My handsome husband putting the finishing coat on the rocking chair last night!!!
7 comments:
It looks so beautiful! Way to go!
Awesome chair! I love the colors in Emily's room!
Why are you getting a c-section?
That is an awesome post- we got to see a gorgeous chair, but we also we got to hear so much about Emily. I got the invitation from your mom and we are really excited to come!
I love rocking chairs--every mother needs one!
The chair looks great and definitely matches the crib very well! Good job Micah!
I can hardly wait for the 34th and 39th week photos, and of course little Emily in person. You are looking great - keep up the good work.
Love Mom
Post a Comment