As a matter of fact that early Sunday morning that I put Micah on his plane, as I was standing outside the fence by my car bawling my eyes out, all of a sudden I noticed someone coming towards me, and after a brief second of panic I noticed it was my dad! When I looked over I saw that my parents had come out to meet me, because they knew me and knew that I would need some support! And I did!
From that moment on there were definitely ups and downs, but with the help and love and support of so many people, Micah and I both survived! And at one point in his trip he thought he would be coming home early and the very next day almost found out that he would most likely be staying the full time set forth in the beginning. That was heart breaking for me, as I am sure it was for him as he had to break that news to my heart that he knew was already breaking inside!
That one event, however, turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it forced us to think, and we devised a plan (rational....probably not too much, but fun and exciting definitely!) for me to fly out for his last few days to be with him! As it turned out he got off early the day I came in (thanks to his hard work and a soft heart of his team leader) and he only had to work for half a day the next day to clean and pack things up! So we ended up getting to spend 3 days together in Alaska and got to explore, took lots of pictures and made memories that will last a lifetime!
So as I look back on this trip in hindsight, I am grateful to be where I am today and for the experiences that our Heavenly Father gave us during those 5 weeks last October. We are definitely stronger and more unified because of those times! I am also grateful that we can spend this October together and have fun in Ruckersville enjoying this beautiful fall weather!!
Here are a few pictures from our trip.....Hope you enjoy them!!
One of the 4 pictures Micah took with the camera over the 4 and a half weeks he was in Alaska alone!! What a cutie, unwrapping a fun package!
Here we are in Parkas as we were posing on an Itidarod Bob Sled~ Our 1st day of fun!!
The Second Day we decided to take a trip to Seward, Alaska to go on a Sea Life Cruise. We hit a pretty good snow storm on the way!
Here we are on the SS Chugach, as we embarked on our Sea Life Cruise!! We definitely saw some beautiful sights of Alaska on this cruise!!

Here I am touching a Star Fish in a Museum in Seward after our cruise ~ I was amazed that Star Fish don't actually feel soft!
Here's Micah enthralled with the Star Fish too! What a fun husband I have!!
Us on Sunday after church, the snow continued, so we wanted to get out and have some fun in it (and of course snap some photos!)
Here's Micah enthralled with the Star Fish too! What a fun husband I have!!
Us on Sunday after church, the snow continued, so we wanted to get out and have some fun in it (and of course snap some photos!)
Micah's comments: I would like to add that today is the beginning of Holly's third trimester. We are both excited about the changes that will occur in our lives in less than 3 months.
4 comments:
How fun to visit Alaska! And how cute that your parents showed up to support you when he left. The last trimester--WOW! It is getting close. Can't wait for her to get here.
What a fun post. I totally remember checking in with you while Micah was gone to hear the latest & greatest. I'm glad to see some of the pictures & glad you get to be together this October.
You all are the sweetest couple! Your little girl is very blessed and I am excited about everything that is going on for you!!!
Did you happen to notice how nice the windows and flooring were in that Seward Sealife Center? My dad did the work there. My sisters and I helped out with the window blinds!
Post a Comment