We have been home with Emily for 5 days now! It seems so hard to believe as I sit here typing up this blog that one week ago she was still inside of me and we were anxiously anticipating her arrival. She has been a tremendous blessing to our family in just the short 7 days that we have had her! She is the cutest thing that we have ever seen (but of course what parents don't think that about their children:)) And even though she still has her days and nights pretty mixed up, she is the most precious little angel, and we love to just stare at her...whether she's sleeping, eating, smiling or even crying. She is the funniest little girl already, it is for sure that she belongs here in our family!
We have been so blessed to have so many people care about us, and parents who are more than willing to come help out in any way that they can ~ even if it's Dooders whose arms must have sleep sand on them, because every time he has Emily for more than a minute she is out like a light! We have decided that he should only visit around the midnight hour!! :)
I guess since this is my first official post since she was born I should record a little about her birth day, Monday December 29th. I will admit I was frightened that morning. I wasn't sure I was ready to become a mom, or have a c-section, or be in the hospital ~ but with Micah by my side we went in Monday morning around 7:15am, we had the nicest nurse who set us up in our room, and a wonderful friend from our ward who volunteered to be at work that day so that we would have a familiar face near by, even though she wasn't on the schedule to be there! She was a life saver because our c-section was scheduled for 9:15am, but we ended up having to wait until 10 o'clock due to some other patients the doctors had to care for first.
But finally it was time and they took us down to the operating area on the maternity floor. It was at the operating room doors that I kissed Micah good bye briefly as he had to go and "suit up" for the operation. I walked in to the operating room to find the doctors and nurses also getting ready for the procedure. They were all very friendly and very talkative. That really helped me to relax. Once I was inside they led me over to the table, and that is where I got 2 shots, one to numb my lower back and the other was the spinal anesthetic. I was amazed at how quickly they took effect. They helped me up on the operating table and very shortly thereafter I was totally numb from my waist down.
Then Micah was ready, and they brought him in. Dr. Wolanski very promptly began the c-section after that. It seemed like one second I saw him make the initial incision (probably the scariest part for me, gotta love seeing reflections in a light!). Then the next thing I knew the anesthesiologist (who was talking to me the whole time) said that her head was out and then I saw them lift her whole body up and they carried her over to the warming lamp! (Our nurse took our camera and was snapping pictures the whole time, we will spare you from those as they are pretty intense!!) I remember looking at her and thinking, "Was that baby really just inside of me? How big is she? 10 pounds?"
She was absolutely beautiful and at that moment I felt the love of my Heavenly Father so immensely. Everything else scary about the c-section and all that I had heard about recovering afterwards didn't even matter. This little girl that He sent from Heaven was a direct answer to our prayers. We had been praying for her to join our family for over 2 and a half years and I had been looking forward to the day when I would become a mother for as long as I can remember. Even though I know it will be tough, as it is already proving to be with sleepless nights and the joys of learning how to nurse correctly, I know that what we have endured, and all that we will be called upon to endure as parents, will be swallowed up in the joy and happiness that is our little Emily Marie! She makes us smile by doing the smallest little things. Now for a few pictures................
She is VERY serious about her sleep. We had just gotten her out of her crib and laid her in our bed for a minute and she looked so cute we couldn't resist letting her get a few more minutes of beauty rest while we snapped a few photos!
One of her very first outfits that she wore...can you believe it is "Newborn Size"! Look how big it is on her!! It is true....the best things do come in small packages!! Time for Emily's 1st fashion show! Micah and I were doing our best to keep her awake...you can see that our efforts were futile!! This dress and the lovely white shoes were given to Emily by her Aunt Sarah and Uncle Nathan!!!
If you look closely....you can see her little eyes are barely open! We knew this little bathrobe was going to be WAY TOO BIG right now, but it was just too cute to resist ~ Mommers and Dooders gave this one to her! Check out her skinny little legs!!
Here I am with my precious little girl! My parents came over yesterday and my mom took me out to get a few things at the store and to get some pictures copied! It did a world of good! Thanks Mom! Don't you just LOVE her little hair bow? She wasn't all too interested in it yet, but all in due time!!
(Watch this little video clip , she is so cute to watch drift off to sleep when she is not being swaddled).
14 comments:
Great Post honey, and by the way if you REALLY need me there at midnight I will be, but I know you both have things under control, so instead I'll just take her out to Mc Donalds and get here broken in for the future trips with Grand pa and Grandma. Love all 3 of you, more than you know....me
Oh my little niece. She is just too much. We all just love her so much. She's so pretty in her red dress. It looks so good on her- and we all cracked up on the bathrobe one...So sweet! Holly, you're looking awesome by the way. Love the mother/daughter pic. We love you guys....give the angel a kiss for us.
Emily is so sweet! I love the little video of her falling asleep. Congratulations again! And Holly, hyou do look super in that picture of you two. I hope the adjustment goes smoothly for you guys. Good luck and please tell Emily that Toby looks forward to meething her one day. (9 months isn't that much of an age difference!)
Yeah for baby Emily Marie! Congrats on the safe delivery and a beautiful little girl! I wish you all the happiness possible!! every day is such a blessing! I'm so happy for you guys :)
Absolutely precious! I love the details you shared and the sweet pictures. Isn't it funny how even the newborn clothes start out big? Don't worry she'll grow out of them before long. I'm so glad you're all doing so well!
Oh, the pictures made me just laugh out loud! LOVE the chicken legs and the huge clothes!!! So sweet. I am just thrilled beyond belief for you guys. Hopefully she'll get her days & nights straightened out soon. I hope you're recovering OK and taking it very easy. Let me know if you have any Q's about the nursing--like I told you, the first little bit was a doozy for me with my first! Can't wait to meet Princess Emily! (AND...we are now VT companions! I am so excited! I will call you soon to talk about it.)
She is seriously SO cute! I LOVE her skinny little legs in the bathrobe! Stinkin cute! I can't wait to meet her! You look great too, by the way!
Holy Cow! She is beautiful Holly! Teague and I were oohing and ahhing at every picture. I will call you this week to get all the details. Congratulations!
Congratulations! Emily is so adorable- it makes me so excited for our little boy to get here!
I loved your post and pictures. What a wonderful, precious family you are! Hang in there with the nursing, a wise, wise person (Geneva) told me "just be patient with each other!" and she was right.
I am so so happy for you guys. It warms my heart soooooo much.
She's soooooo cute! :)
I hated nursing...still do. I hope you have a better experience than I did!
I love getting the juicy details! I"m so glad that everything went so smoothly with your delivery and that you are home and recovering with that sweet baby girl.
I love the fashion show! Poor C has to endure the same thing with me. It's so tough being a cute baby girl--especially one who is so adored!
I love,Love the bath robe picture!! Too cute! I am glad everything went well with the C-section.
Holly! I am crying as I am reading this sweet post about Emily's birth. Heaven feels very near, doesn't it? My emotions are very near the surface these days anyway since we recently found our we are expecting! We are thrilled and can hardly wait to get our little one here - have to wait until the first part of August (or end of July!). Too bad we aren't there - our little ones would be buddies, I just know it!
Enjoy this magical time. It is fleeting even though sleepless nights can sometimes seem like they last an eternity! :)
Post a Comment