Monday, March 29, 2010

FIRST Day Alone with My 2 Girls!

We have been very fortunate that since Haley has arrived, we have had a lot of help as we adjust to being a family of FOUR and also since we are preparing our house to be put on the market....which by the way it will be officially ON THE MARKET by THIS AFTERNOON! So, if you know anyone who is looking for a cute little house in Ruckersville, VA please send them our way! I will also put up the picture link too later today!

So, you know me and documenting life with pictures....so I had to capture a few precious moments of my first full day alone with my girls! I must say, they were both troopers. Haley slept a lot, but when she wasn't sleeping she was a great sport as Emily kissed and hugged her and patted her head almost constantly. Emily is such a great big sister already and she gets very concerned about Haley when she starts to cry! I love watching her nurturing instincts that are already in place! Haley was just happy to have attention whenever she needed it, she really didn't care what kind of attention she was getting...even if it was a million pats on her head from her big sister!

I truly love being a wife and a mother! It is what I have been dreaming of doing since I was a young girl and it is exciting to finally be living this dream. Even though it is tough at times, and sometimes I feel like running down the street screaming it is the tender moments that always snap me back into reality. And I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father who allows us to have these "tender mercies" in our lives at the exact moments that we NEED them the most!

Without further ado.....here is our first day together in pictures............................


Emily woke up Happy and Ready to Play!

I put Haley beside Emily on the changing table while I changed her diaper and this is how she responded. She was very concerned about making sure her little sister was comfortable.

Later on during the day, when Haley got a little fussy...I asked Emily if she could rock Haley for a minute and she was happy to help out!

A little later I turned around and this is what I found! What a funny little girl we have!

Haley enjoyed chillin' out on the couch for a few minutes!

What a cute little face. I love her Serious Looks! This one is especially endearing, as she has a serious but also a bit of a joyful expression! I love this little "sweet p"!

Another content and peaceful moment in our day!


Haley participating in one of her favorite pass times during her first few weeks of life! What a cute little sleeping "Honeybee"! We are so glad you came to our family!

On Thursday night, after a day of yard work, we decided to give Haley her first bath...plus she just lost her umbilical cord earlier that morning! Our baby bathtub is still under the house, and since neither of us wanted to go searching for it, we decided to heat up the bathroom since and put her in there! And She LOVED it!

Well she MOSTLY loved it, but her expression here cracks us up! So dramatic:)

Now she's regained her composure and contemplating what the bath business is all about!

Yay! Haley made it through her first bath at home and now she's all cozy in her PJs and ready for a good night sleep! Which by the way, she is a pretty good sleeper already. Most nights she can make it for FOUR HOUR stretches. Some nights she gets hungrier than others, but for the most part she likes to sleep.....We are so glad too! She definitely takes after her sister
so far! Emily LOVES her sleep!

No comments: