Monday, March 1, 2010

Our Second Baby Shower to Celebrate Haley's Upcoming Arrival!

This past Saturday, February 27, 2010, my mom got together another baby shower to honor our sweet little Haley Elizabeth. We had it at my Mema's house. Mema was very excited to be able to be the host of such a special occasion too! And it was nice to have a few more guys join us for this shower too....in addition to Micah we also had Dooders, my uncle Mike and my cousin Brody! It was a very fun afternoon spent together!

My mom is a great party planner for events like this! She made sure the food was delicious, the decorations were so cute, and the games were tons of fun! And of course she couldn't have done it all without the help of several of my aunts and my cousin, Terri, who we are so excited is around for Haley's arrival! She is back home from living in North Carolina and it has been fun having her back! My cousin, Brody, is also back from living in Hawaii for a year and a half although he is moving to Pennsylvania in the next week or so to go to school for a year and a half. At least he will only be a couple hours, driving distance, away so that he can come and visit!!

This shower was another Diaper, Wipes and Ointment shower. So we are pretty much set on all of those types of things now! The trick was bringing everything home and trying to find a place for it, but with a few days to think about where to put things we are finally getting organized again, which is nice!

Again we just feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love and support us, especially during this exciting time in our lives! We are very excited to meet our newest little girl and can hardly believe that she will be here ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!! Time sure does fly! But we love our little Sweet "P" so much and are excited to have another daughter to smother with love and hugs and kisses too!

Here are a few pictures from Saturday's shower...

The Front of the Living Room
Emily with her Great Aunt, Tede, as she is stylin' in her new hat, with her puppy dog!

Emily spending a little time with her Mema!

Okay, so like I said before the games were really fun! But I think Charades was my favorite one! Because I got to be the judge of who was the best actor and I didn't have to act out ANYTHING! But Micah wasn't so lucky!! Here he is giving the game is all!! I love him so much!

More Charades.....Samantha (Brody's Girlfriend) trying her best in front of Brody's family! What a trooper she was!

Charades was definitely made for people like my Aunt Debra!! She LOVES stuff like this!

I LOVE this picture!! Brody is so serious before he begins his turn!!

Then it was time to open the gifts. In addition to cash and diapers and wipes, Mema made Haley this adorable pink blanket and got her this cute pink pajama set too! Miss Haley is going to be stylin' when she arrives!

Now for a few group shots to end the afternoon with! Here is Emily posing with my Aunt Sweetie and Aunt Debra....but as you can tell Emily is DONE with Pictures!

Bummer that Emily got a little chopped out of this one, but it is a 4 generation shot! Me with my 2 girls, My Mom and Mema!!

Emily also got this adorable little hat and the shower and enjoyed wearing it around and hearing people tell her how cute she looked! I love this pose, you can tell she is very intent on trying to tell someone something very important!

Still going at it with these group shots....here's Emily with her Great Aunt Sweetie and her Great Uncle Mike!

Emily was good as long as her new bear was close by! So here she is with some of her second cousins....Brody, Samantha and Terri!!

And of course, we can't let a fun event like this go by without getting a picture of Emily with Mommers and Dooders!

And last, but certainly not least, our family photo! I feel so fortunate to be able to spend my days and nights with my wonderful family! I waited a long time for my Micah Cordon, but I am so glad I did! Because here we are today and I am loving being a wife and a Mommy!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the pic of her pointing!

shawna b. said...

SOOOO excited for you, Holly! What a fun celebration you had! Best wishes with these next few weeks.