Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just a Few Reasons that I Do What I Do!!

Since it was in the mid 70's today here in VA....a rare occurence for the 2nd week of June......I decided to take the girls out to the back yard again! I filled up one of Emily's "tubs" with water, spread out a blanket for me and put Haley in her bouncy seat to enjoy the sunshine!

We all had a great time! The breeze was blowing and the water was warm because it had been heating by the sun light for over an hour! And it was nice to just be out with my girls and to be able to sit down and relax for a few moments with them. And only a few moments it was.....because then Haley started to get cranky and Emily started to run around the yard so I went to follow her.

And then when I coaxed her back over to our "water area" Haley was really starting to wail! So I let Emily "help" me pour the water out of the tub onto the grass and then I took Haley to the front steps! In that brief time of about 30 seconds Emily squatted down and started to EAT the DIRT! When I came back her mouth was covered and she was CRUNCHING something in her mouth (and I still don't know what that was, I tried to get it out with my finger but couldn't find anything....I guess only time will tell).

I FINALLY got both girls inside, put Haley down in the bathroom in her seat, and then stripped Emily down (who was covered in mud)......and almost immediately after I put Emily down and as I was putting her clothes in the basket she peed right there by the tub....LOVELY! So, in the bathtub she went! Her bath was pretty quick due to the fact that we were about 45 minutes overdue for lunch and it was starting to show on EVERYBODY!

So, next comes lunch. I got it all fixed and we sat down to eat and Haley was really fussing at this point! I looked down at her just in time to see yellow stuff running down her leg....LOVELY! So I grabbed her took her to the changing table, pulled Emily back too, so that she could still finish eating. I took off all of Haley's clothes and the poo was EVERYWHERE! So, she got to go straight to the sink for a bath! And Haley LOVES her bath, but she also DESPISES getting dressed right afterward. So after her short sink bath, the screaming ensued as I got her lotioned up and dressed!

Then Emily finished her lunch, played a bit, I fed Haley and they both went down for a nap! The fruits of that beautiful nap that both of my girls are STILL TAKING I have been enjoying for the last 2 hours! I love my napping girls! Life is Sweet!

Haley enjoying the sunshine!
Look at that Beautiful Smile!

Playing in the water!!

Tasting the Cool Water!

Just after a "face dip"!

She LOVES to play in the water!!

And apparently she thought the dirt was pretty tasty too!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Man oh Man! The joys motherhood. Sounds like you had your hands full today! Whew!

Emily is turning into the cutest "toddler" she's just starting to loose the "baby-ish-ness" You can see a true toddler blossoming.