Monday, August 1, 2011

Making Pizzas to Cook in the Sun Oven!!

Micah and I decided to purchase a solar oven, also known as a Sun Oven, a couple of months ago and we have been experimenting with it ever since! I am always trying to think of new things to try in it! We have made cookies, brownies, biscuits, frozen pizzas, blueberry muffins and now we decided to try home made pizzas!!
We had made plans to have some friends over for a play date and we were going to make pizzas together, but the friends had to cancel because they were sick, and when they did I thought, "oh well, I guess we will make them next week when they come", but apparently Emily had different plans in mind. She was ready to make pizzas and she was SO SAD when I told her that we were making them because our friends weren't coming, that I totally caved in and dug around to find some ingredients and we went to work!
And work they did! They LOVED making these pizzas!! And they LOVED eating them too!! They were both so involved with the whole process....patting out the dough, spreading the sauce and cheese, garnishing with pineapple and of course tasting EVERYTHING along the way:) It was a blast and the pizzas were DELICIOUS too!! I was so impressed and cooked simply by the heat of the sun!

Haley takes her cooking seriously....spreading the sauce!



Emily was having SO MUCH FUN, she could barely contain herself!



Here she is adding the cheese!

Happy as a Little Lark!



Sprinkling the Cheese!


Preparing to Sample the Cheese!


And then the Pineapple!


Mmm! Mmmm! Good!


So Proud of her Creation!



Sneaking in the last few tastes before putting the pizza outside in the solar oven!


Both Pizzas turned out Perfectly!! And they both thoroughly enjoyed their lunch!!



What a Happy Moment in Time!



1 comment:

Ellie said...

This looks so fun! It's so great that you let the girls be involved in so many things.