Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our 2011 Christmas Tree !!

It's official! The Grays now have their Christmas Tree up AND decorated for 2011! Micah has been wanting a scotch pine for several years now, but has been more than willing to get white pines, because that is my favorite:)
This year however, we decided to give in and get a scotch pine for 2 main reasons....one, because they are Micah's favorite and two, because they would be easier for the girls to help decorate!! So that is what we did! We drove to the nearest Christmas Tree Sales Lot on Monday evening and looked at many scotch pines until we found THE ONE for us!! And what was even more exciting was that since we had our van, we could actually haul it home ourselves!!! So, we got it home and inside in the tree stand just before it started to rain and once the rain came it stayed for the next 2 days!! So, the timing was definitely PERFECT!!
That night after the girls went to bed I was looking at our bare tree and feeling a bit sad....sad because it was a much different look than I was used to. But when Micah came down from putting the girls to bed and I told him how I was feeling my cute little husband went downstairs and got the star, the tree skirt and the lights and said that we would make that tree prettier before going to bed! And that we did!
And the next morning when the girls woke up they LOVED it!! And were super excited to help me decorate with the ornaments and after the ornaments we sat down at the table and made a paper chain together to adorn the tree!! And now it is absolutely Beautiful, at least to this Mommy's (and Wife's) heart! So much more love and concern was poured into this tree than any that we have had in years past and to me that is what makes it so beautiful whenever I look at it!!

All of us inside the van and getting our picture taken with our tree ready to be hauled home!

Home and Getting Ready to bring the tree inside!

In the Tree Stand!

Daddy with 2 of his best girls and our Scotch Pine!

After the star, but before the lights!

The Lights have been added!

Our Little Haley putting some ornaments on the tree!

Our 2011 Christmas Tree with all of its home made beauty!!

Emily in Front of the Tree in her PJs with one of our Christmas Time Snowmen!

I thought this was a Great Pic of Emily, Too Bad Haley wasn't looking!

These 2 Cute Little Sisters Love our Christmas Tree!

1 comment:

Gail A Meeks said...

This is a very cute picture. /This would have made a great card.
I know the girls love Christmas Tree, I know they are having a great time. I can't wait to see them.
Love
Great Aunt Gail