Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Big Girl is Getting Bigger!!

Since Ethan will be here in about 2 weeks, we thought it was about time to get the girls ready to move in together and share a bedroom! I will be the first to admit I have not been to excited about this whole process, but time marches on and babies grow so the move is beginning to take place!!
Our first step has been getting Emily a twin sized mattress! She has had a toddler bed up until now, but Ethan will need Haley's crib which means Haley will need the toddler bed! At first, we were just going to get her a twin mattress and box spring and set it on the floor, but a few days ago some wonderful friends of ours (Dave and Sunny Price) posted that they had this awesome twin bed up for grabs since they are moving across the country and didn't want to haul it with them! So, I jumped on that really fast! Dooders came with Micah and I to pick up the bed on Monday! Dooders and Mimmi got it set up for us while Micah and I went to buy a mattress for it! Then we took Emily out Monday night to pick out some fun sheets (she picked out princess ones, of course:)) And last night was her first night in her BIG Big Girl Bed and so far she is loving it!!! She is still sleeping right now, but I am taking that as a sign of success in itself!! She looked so happy and content when we said good night to her last night! It was so fun to see!!
Here she is! Preparing to sleep in her big girl bed!! Every time she upgrades to a new bed it makes her look so tiny all over again!!
And here is how she started out, once we moved her to her crib back on February 9, 2009!

No comments: